Problem printing Roller

Im having trouble printing this area of the Roller, it is as if some layers fall from your site.
Im printing with PLA, Temp 205 °C, 30mm/s (outer perimeters), with cooler…
I do not know that im doing wrong.
Attached photos of the piece and my settings…

Greetings and thank you very much for the help!!

3.png

The two things that effect that are print layer height and your cooling fan. If you are using a .4mm nozzle your .3mm layer is a bit to thick for that angle of print. I think .28mm would work but I use .26. Also it is best to have that face aiming at your print fan.

Your infill is also a bit to low. I would increase it to 55% for strength

This is a good tip about the fan. I will try with .28 layer heigh, because im printing with .5 nozzle.
Im printing with 40% that im actually using PLA MAX is PLA with additives to increase strength and also maintains the advantages of the PLA, is very strength.
Thank you very much for your help , i will try these days and i’ll share a photo ( if it works).

You should be fine at that layer height with a .5 nozzle, it could also be too high of an extruder temp, but I have never printed PLA max so I have no idea what temps to expect.

I am also having problems printing the roller. Twice now after over 2 hrs and when the height is 50mm the part is knocked off the base plate . The first time I did not observe it so I thought it had just lost adhesion,I increased the brim width and tried again. at exactly the same point it happened again.
The problem was that the slight overhang at 50mm height was curling up and as the nozzle was passing at the same point there was a build up on the edge of the over hang which eventually
caught the nozzle and moved the part ,another 2.5hrs wasted. Help!

Another thought I had was that if I could get the stl file into sketchup as a skp file I could separate it at the 50 mm point ,discard the piece I had printed  then print the missing piece and attach later.  My question is : is this possible, if so  how do you do it ?

You may have gathered that I am a novice at this and need HELP.  everything appreciated.

thanks Col.

You are either printing to hot or your print fan isn’t facing the overhang. Try rotating it so the overhang is pointed at the fan. These are 50 degrees or less shouldn’t be an issue.

Hi,

thanks for the prompt reply, but the damage is facing the fan , i’m printing with pla at 200c, is that too hot ,its the temp.I usually print at.

Overhangs started knocking my print jobs off the bed, luckily this was before I started printing my MPCNC it happened with some cable chains. Overhangs if they aren’t cooled quickly will start to curl upward. After some time the curl gets more prominent and the nozzle hits it and boom the part comes off. Increase your fan speed, personally I use a minimum 75% fan speed after the first 3 layers. It has made a world of difference in all of my prints.

As far as sticking to the bed, I use painters tape and apply a glue stick lightly and wipe it in with a damp paper towel before each print. All my prints stick quite well now as long as the bed stays leveled (really need to install my auto bed level sensor).

And Vicious thanks for the awesome design, I have 8 parts printed so far. Going to have to source 1" stainless soon :slight_smile: