Problem running gcode from sd card

I really like the this design and assembly went well. All the parts came from V1. Running the minirambo with LCD.

When I plot the crown with the laptop connected it comes out great. When I use the same gcode on 2 different flash cards this run amok with strange lines on the x and y. I used Ryan’s gcode on all 3 tests.

Thanks,

Rev

What size are the cards?

This might sound weird but try making a folder in all the SD card, then add files into the folder only.

Now that I look again at the images I not 100% sure that image sd2 is Ryan’s code. I’m going run the correct code again and will post another pic.

Here is the result.

The card I’m using is 8gig supplied with the Prusa. I made a separate folder and still not right.

Thanks,

Rev

Have you removed the card while the LCD is powered? I have fried a card that way, try to reformat it with fat32. It might work. My lcd is very picky I use 4gb cards or less.

Swap the LCD cables. Do you have them all bundled up with other cables, as in can they be picking up noise or some sort of crosstalk?

1 Like

I’m an idiot. Yes the ribbon cables were to close to the stepper wiring.

I’ll be sure to post some pics when I finish the build.

Thanks again,

Rev

2 Likes

Josh and Ryan;
Thanks for those hints - I just completed my build - made a housing myself and before I read this thread, I had cleaned up my wires/cables in the housing to ensure I didn’t have too much bundled together. I also like the remarks about size of SD card and I will now place a Post-It to remind me to power down before removing the card - as well as place the card in before power-up.

Good stuff!

I am having complications with my MS SurfacePro recognizing the LowRider2 to enable the Repetier Host to connect. The COM port isn’t found. So I have yet to test the CNC with the crown drawing. I recalled too late yesterday to use the SD card - so I will need to try this route and see if it will comply. My goal is to run off the card anyway - to keep computer away from the shop as much as possible - so the quicker to the SD card the better.