PROBLEM whit laser on new version of firmware v508 2.0.7.2

hi i have a cnc with V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209-2.0.7.2-src.zip newest version

the problem is i am using a laser who is driving by the fan0 whit M106 and M107
but this new version of firmware have a little bug on the fan when send M107 it still have 2.5 volt on the fan port and my laser do not closed !

i look everywhere in the firmware and dont find where to change something to get 0.0 volts when i send M107 !

i hope my question is not to complicate and is clear enought !

Thanks

Francois

1 Like

I will look through Marlin’s recent pull requests and see if they have fixed it. Is 507 okay?

507 same problem i will try 506 whent down to beta 502 and same problem youston i have a problem !

I guess a more important test would be the nightly build, https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder/actions, still have the issue?

oh lala there is so many whitch shoulb i take the 1 st skr pro ?

i took the V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209-bugfix-2.0.x
and same problem
is my board get the covid 19 ?

if i putt in the firmware fan setup to 2 instead of 1 could i used fan1 instead of fan 0 ?

Did it ever work for you?

The fans are low side drive. Meaning the positive is always 12V. The negative side is either shorted straight to ground (ON) or floating. When they are floating, there is a small led and resistor that pulls the pin up to 12Vish. 12V-12Vish could be 2.5V.

Do you still measure the 2.5V when the laser is disconnected?

hi jeff
i understand but i just check again and i have 6.32 volt with noting plugs on the fan0 on m107
if i plus the laser on it go down to 3.25 and not closing off
it must be the board i think and the green led is still on also but low yes it work in the past i made few thing whit laser and it was working perfectly

hi jeff
i understand but i just check again and i have 6.32 volt with noting plugs on the fan0 on m107
if i plus the laser on it go down to 3.25 and not closing off
it must be the board i think and the green led is still on also but low yes it work in the past i made few thing whit laser and it was working perfectly

Which version were you previously using that worked? That will give us a window to look for the changes.

You could try connecting a 10kOhm or so resistor between the fan plus and minus. That could pull it up enough to shut off the laser.

1 Like

i used them all start from the beta one and it was working good and now it is bugging !
i order a new board i will recived it tomorow i will see if it is the board or not !

i will try to changed the board tomorow and i will see if everithing is gone to normal and if i dont i will try it

and i will also lower my power supply to 12.2 volts it is at 13.1 now
there is no way to change on the firmware something to get 0 ground on fan 0 ?

i could have bust the board or the laser controller i had it plus wrong side and it start doing this after i will se by eleminate the board first and regularised the power of the power supply i give you news tomorow

1 Like

do you think this could be good ?

HI JEFF finally i putt a 5.1k and voltage drop to 0.04 and laser is off !
i realise in the new firmware they disable the laser fonction and they change command from m106/m107 to M3 M4 AND M5 if i read good i will have to configure it at least i will try they have a link

in french we say oh lala for meaning wow an other challenge
i am informing you of the change from new version
1 Like

is fan 1 is fan 0 on the board ?

I don’t know what you are asking.

Yeah. You can use M3/M5 with some advanced settings.

1 Like

nothing work anymore now the m106 dont send any control to the fan 0 !
question tell me if i am right or wrong
since version 503 the fan port 0 was active for the laser for the version V1CNC_SkrPro_DualLR_2209 ?

ryan question is in this version v508 is the fan0 is active to used m106 command on laser used !