Problems getting ESTLcam, Repetier and the machine to use the same letter for an axis

Hi,

after i have finally done my first cut, i have a problem that i don’t know the solution of:

The y and x axis are not the same in Estlcam, Repetier and the machine:
-On the Lowrider, the x axis is the one with the bars, and the y axis runs along the table.
-In Repetier, they are the same but the x axis is mirrored.
-In Estlcam, everything is rotated somehow.

I ended up getting it to work how i wanted it, but it is just very confusing to work with.

Do you know which settings to change in the software?

Thanks a lot!

There needs to be a place you can imagine standing, at your machine, where:

• Positive X is to the right
  • Positive Y is away from you
  • Positive Z is up.

In estlcam, you will have to imagine standing there. Repetier host should be the same.

If an axis is reversed, going the wrong way, you can power it off and flip the stepper plug 180 degrees.

2 Likes

But when i flip the plug of the x stepper, the homing switch would be on the wrong side?

Here is a photo of my machine at x0 y0 and z200

You can also just swap your X and Y… that’s how my machine is setup, for some reason I liked X being the long axis :slight_smile:
X along the table, Y along the tubes, and Z going up.
Your coordinates and picture would still match so your homing switches sill be ok.
This would respect the convention of how the 3 axis supposed to be positioned together and so match the softwares.

1 Like

That might be what i have to do… But how can i do that in the firmware? Because i run the dual endstops on the table-lenght axis it would have to account for that.

sorry, not familiar with the end stops, so I can’t say for sure.

Yes. This is the tricky bit. We had to pick one and we stuck with the convention from the build docs.

You can swap them. In configuration_adv.h. You need to disable dual Y and enable dual X. Then change the Z2 endstop pin to ymax, from xmax.

Thanks, i will try that on sunday, i don’t have time before.

Ok i have finally found time for it.

there is one thing i don’t understand: i followed the exact instructions found on the github for dual endstops (https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/V1EngineeringInc-Docs/blob/master/docs/electronics/dual-endstops.md), but now it is wrong. How is this possible? My machine is set up like in the example pictures etc.

EDIT: i found it, i opened it in platformio.
(Another question, i found the firmware with the dual endstops that i need to change, but it is already compiled. where can i find a version that i still can modify in arduino IDE? or have i missed something? I am not an expert in the whole programming world, but i managed to once compile a BLtouch firmware for my Ender 5 printer by following a tutorial, i know how to do the changes once i have the firmware in the arduino IDE (i think so at least). )

Thanks!

I don’t understand why, in repetier, when i push the arrow ‘go left’ my machine goes to the left, but in the repetier preview it goes up.

This is after i flipped the x and y axis in the repetier host settings.

I found my mistake, but it is something out of this topic. I open a new topic so that it is less confusing for everyone as my original title does not fit anymore.