problems with new build

hello this is my first time building a cnc, i am stuck in my assembly process, i am unsure of the wiring so i want to run the motors in advance, i flashed MPCNC_Ramps_T8_16T_LCD_32step to the board im using and i get an unknown command m80 alarm when i connect it to repetier host. i am using an old Ramps 1.4 with 4A988 drivers (the DRV8825) should arrive in the mail today. and my lcd screen (also old) only lights up when plugged in i dont get any graphics or tables. sorry i dont have the ling for my hardware it was bought off aliexpress in 2015 here are the pics of my gear.

thanks for any help i may receive

William

OK… The M80 command should only be getting sent if you have Repetier-Host configured to turn your power on when connecting. That is typically used for 3D printers when they have a separate power supply for the hot end and bed. You should be able to ignore it, but most likely you can turn it off in the R-H settings. The driver configuration for the firmware looks good as long as you’re using the A4988s, you’ll just change that to the DRV8825s when they come in. You do need to change the configuration of the display, since you are using the old one. I believe you need “#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER” instead of “#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER” in configuration.h. Don’t forget to set the DRV8825s power levels before running anything off them, they are unlikely to be right (0.7V) from the factory. You might also be aware of the shoddy soldering job on both the Mega and RAMPS, if something isn’t working double check the solder is good enough before tearing your hair out. You’ll want the hair for later hurdles. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much I have gone through and made the suggested adjustments including turning off the custom graphics because of my old screen i was getting another compiling error, but after removing the U8glib library, it has sorted itself out. I was successful in flashing to the board, and controlling the motors from the screen.