Problems with Rambo 1.4 Dual End Stop Firmware Release 2.0.5.4

I downloaded 1.8.12 and manually installed in the Documents directory on a real PC. I downloaded the Rambo Board and U8Glib using the manually installed program. Same results.

This is normal. The bed size setting in configuration.h is set to 300mm. You can make it higher, or just move closer to home before sending the G28.

The other issue is something like “safe home z” feature, and it so you have less of a chance of dragging the bit across the work. If you don’t like it, you can disable it in configuration.h.

That double library issue is the red herring, I think. The real issue is that create process error, which I have only seen once before someone posted.

Where did you get that?

Driven from:
https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/marlin-firmware/

### GitHub Firmware

If you like to be more up to date with the Newest Marlin features, I have all my most recent updates here.

Github pre-configured.

Ok. I didn’t realize it would name the file that. Thanks for clarifying.

jeffeb3
is this firmware Marlin-1CNC_Rambo_dual is the good one or should i used an other ?

for
rambo 1.4
12 volt ps 6amp
nema 17 stepper 17hs19–2004s1

for a full table 4x8 feet kit whit lowrider 2 CNC
because i tried it and no axis is not working at all !

should i used a 24 volt ps 6 amps insted of the 12 volts ?

please help me !

Thanks

I’m using this version on a MPCNC Primo. Aside from the problems compiling with Arduino IDE states above it seems to work OK for the most part. Homing seems to be a problem on large tables as it causes a Rambo Halt after about 300mm. I think it might be related to bed size and I am working on solving that problem currently. Version 2.0 of the Rambo MPCNC worked well and I could compile it with Arduino IDE.

i am using visual studio code to edit and flash firmware to the unit !
the problem is nothing work so fare if you see in the 1st msg i post my configuration and i dont no if it is the firmware the diférent stepper or the board who is making me the problem it is not clear your response because you dont use the same config as mine !
i am using the lowrider 2 full table unit not a small or mid size i have to chose the right version for my setup from this site

before i do any update on my parts !

there is no mpcnc vervion for the rambo on the site whith dual z stop only ramps it is not the same i think
i am so confused now it is worst

From the lowrider docs:

Firmware

The standard MPCNC firmware will work with any board on the LowRider2. Dual endstop firmware is not really needed since all three axis have hard stops you can use for alignment.

Firmware page.

For the creative of you, you could use the dual end stop firmware for Y alignment or even Z (homing min or max).

That suggests not using dual Endstops. However, if you still want to, the docs say any firmware will work. This means you will likely use V1CNC_Rambo_Dual for your firmware.

Thanks i just check my limit switch and they where NO and i read it should me NC am i right ?
probably thats why nothing was working

The dual works well, but MPCNC is dual x and y. Low rider is dual Y and Z. So you need to edit configuration_adv.h to disable dual X and set the number of Z to 2.

If that seems daunting, just use the non dual endstops and make a little serial adapter at the controller to wire the Z and Y motors in serial. Then after you are cruising and getting bored, you can try to work on the dual and only deal with one problem at a time. I suspect we will be publishing LR versions in the future. But no guarantees.

1 Like

I don’t think it is documented, except for posts in the forums.

ok thanks Jeffeb3 i will look for it and figure it out

i will also have to look for the laser configuration i decide to used marlin 1cnc rambo dual i will stay on this one and add the modification i need for my used i dint find the bed size yet but it is lot of line to pass true

I AM GOING CRAZY I THINK !

it does not work no stepper is working at all !
i tried both configuration marlin v1cnc rambo and marlin v1cnc rambo dual !
check whit M119 all endstop is configure good !
recheck all connection for the 25th time !
when i send command to move axe any of them nothing work or move !
i used diferent nema 17 stepper as i previouslly post up this post it is the same nema17 but stronger then the one viengineering send they had none when i order my kit !
is there something in the configuration.h or configuration_adv.h i have to modify or an other file ?
do i have to download a firmware for the full graphic smart controller big i buy from viengineering ?
i dont now what to do next i am out of nervous pills lol

when i type M503 i have these
SENDING:M503
echo: G21 ; Units in mm (mm)
echo: M149 C ; Units in Celsius
echo:; Steps per unit:
echo: M92 X100.00 Y100.00 Z400.00 E100.00
echo:; Maximum feedrates (units/s):
echo: M203 X50.00 Y50.00 Z15.00 E25.00
echo:; Maximum Acceleration (units/s2):
echo: M201 X180.00 Y180.00 Z80.00 E180.00
echo:; Acceleration (units/s2): P<print_accel> R<retract_accel> T<travel_accel>
echo: M204 P180.00 R3000.00 T180.00
echo:; Advanced: B<min_segment_time_us> S<min_feedrate> T<min_travel_feedrate> X<max_x_jerk> Y<max_y_jerk> Z<max_z_jerk> E<max_e_jerk>
echo: M205 B20000.00 S0.00 T0.00 X0.50 Y0.50 Z0.30 E5.00
echo:; Home offset:
echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00

thanks

help me I’m desperate !
my other post for more details

Francois

Been there, done that, won “Best Ricardo Montalbán Impersonation not referencing Wrath of Khan or Fantasy Island” two years running…

Crazy is kind of de rigueur around here. You’ll get used to it. In the meantime, slow down, take a breath. Then, take a picture of your control board so that the big brains can see all the connectors, and post that. After you’ve done that, post a picture of your whole machine, so they can also get an idea of what you’re working with.

edit: Sorry, hit “Reply” too soon. We’ve got a great group of folks here that can troubleshoot most any problem, and unless your machine is haunted (or someone is purposefully messing with it), they’ll most likely be able to help you track down the issue. The key is to relax, trust in their expertise, and let them help you. It may not happen as fast as you’d like, but it will happen.

it is done i did a video but cant up it here

So, if you use V1CNC_Rambo_Dual with no modifications, none of the motors move? Do they make a noise or anything?

no nothing but as i say it is not the motor from viengineering thats why i post the model last post