Programming Mega 2560

When flashing the 2560 is a power supply needed or is the usb power sufficient?

I notice in the kit there is just the 12v supply for the Ramps board. nothing for the mega. So i assume no power supply is needed.

This is my first time and it took 2 full months to get this board so I do not want to smoke it.

Usb is all you need. The 12v from the kit plugs into the ramps shield and powers the mega from the green plug.

Perfect thanks. Cant wait to get this moving!

Removed… I got it programmed. I think.

Hi peeps I have got to flash ramps but every time I try to upload files I get a error. Arduino: 1.6.10 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega1280”

In file included from sketch\ConfigurationStore.cpp:65:0:

sketch\language.h:65:0: warning: “MACHINE_NAME” redefined

#define MACHINE_NAME CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME

^

sketch\language.h:61:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define MACHINE_NAME “Mendel”

^

Invalid library found in C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\sketch_aug01b: C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\sketch_aug01b
In file included from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:47:0:

sketch\language.h:65:0: warning: “MACHINE_NAME” redefined

#define MACHINE_NAME CUSTOM_MENDEL_NAME

^

sketch\language.h:61:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define MACHINE_NAME “Mendel”

^

sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:2715:36: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]

LCD_MESSAGEPGM(MACHINE_NAME" "MSG_OFF".");

^

In file included from sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from sketch\cardreader.h:8,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:44:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: ‘fpos_t’ has a previous declaration here

extension typedef long long fpos_t;

^

exit status 1
using typedef-name ‘fpos_t’ after ‘struct’

Invalid library found in C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\sketch_aug01b: C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\sketch_aug01b

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Paz help

Try using the arduino classic or older versions of arduino. Both Marlin and arduino have been updated and they have moved the library files, this is causing most peoples issues.

I have the new firmware ready but have not tested it enough to release it yet. I might just have to put it out there because of this. Let me know if the older version or arduino doesn’t help.