Prusa I3 Issue

Hi,

I have a HICTOP 3d printer kit that I built around 3 years ago that earlier this summer had a few of the stepper motor drivers go out so I decided to upgrade the board to a MINI RAMBo 1.3 that I got from V1Engineering. The connectors that I have aren’t the same connectors as the board so I carefully removed the plugs and plugged into the pins. I have downloaded edited and Marlin and the printer connects to Pronterface however I am unable to make the axis move via the interface in the program and it won’t heat the extruder head when I try to start a print. I am not using the heated bed right now as I am only printing with PLA and have adjusted Marlin to not try to read that sensor. The thermistor on the extruder I have verified is the number code 10 and in pronterface it displays the temperature so I know its connecting and the board works.

I have attached a picture of my board and the configuration along with the configuration_adv for the marlin that I am using. I have tried plugging in stepper motors that I have purchased for the MPCNC and those haven’t worked.

In short, I know the printer connects to pronterface and all of the parts connected to it work I just can’t heat the extruder or move the stepper motors to print.

I am at a loss as to what to try next and any advice would be appreciated.

Configuration_adv-1.h (21.7 KB)

Hi,

I have a HICTOP 3d printer kit that I built around 3 years ago that earlier this summer had a few of the stepper motor drivers go out so I decided to upgrade the board to a MINI RAMBo 1.3 that I got from V1Engineering. The connectors that I have aren’t the same connectors as the board so I carefully removed the plugs and plugged into the pins. I have downloaded edited and Marlin and the printer connects to Pronterface however I am unable to make the axis move via the interface in the program and it won’t heat the extruder head when I try to start a print. I am not using the heated bed right now as I am only printing with PLA and have adjusted Marlin to not try to read that sensor. The thermistor on the extruder I have verified is the number code 10 and in pronterface it displays the temperature so I know its connecting and the board works.

I have tried plugging in stepper motors that I have purchased for the MPCNC and those haven’t worked.

In short, I know the printer connects to pronterface and all of the parts connected to it work I just can’t heat the extruder or move the stepper motors to print.

I have attached the zip file of the marlin that I am using.

I am at a loss as to what to try next and any advice would be appreciated.

Marlin.zip (478 KB)

Wheb you connect does it print out all your settings on the right side?

How is it powered?

yes, this is what it prints out:

[attachment file=107873]

I have a 24v power supply powering the board

That says, Marlin 1.0.0… default config.

I’m guessing you didn’t configure Marlin. It should probably be 1.1.9 or 2.0.x and be configured for the mini Rambo.

I’m on my phone now, so I can’t look at your zip.

I don’t remember where I downloaded the marlin that I currently using but I did make some changes although there was no option for a mini Rambo just one for Rambo which I applied.

Where is the best GitHub source for marlin with an option for a mini Rambo?

I am pretty sure the mrambo uses different pins, so that explains why it isnt working.

The main Marlin code is here:

That’s the latest released version (1.1.9). AFAIK. Ryan’s firmware tracks a development branch of 2.0.x:

That is preconfigured for a mini rambo, but with steps and temperatures for the MP3DP and Titan Aero. But this might be closer.