Question about 0.9 angle steppers and 20T Pulley

Good Day,

0.9 angle steppers stepper motor and 20T Pulley will be fine to move the trimmer router to cut woods?

Regard

Chris

The 20T pulley will reduce your available torque by 25% vs. the specified 16T pulley. The 16T pulley is hard to get in some areas, so I know there have been successful builds using the 20T pulley.

The 0.9 degree stepper motors should work fine (assuming it meets the torque threshold), but I don’t think it will have any significant benefit.

Both changes from the spec will require adjustments. For the 20T pulley will you will need to adjust the steps per mm in the firmware. This can be done directly in firmware before it is compiled or it can be done using g-code after it is flashed. The 0.9 degree stepper can also be adjusted for using steps per mm also, but I can think of a situation where you would want to adjust the microsteps of the stepper driver instead. Microsteps are adjusted in the firmware for some stepper drivers, but are adjusted using jumpers or dip switches on other stepper drivers.

Thank you for explain @robertbu