Question on printer setup before printing

I’m about to set off a test print for the printed parts, using a Lulzbot taz 6 printer.
the following are screenshot from the set and am wondering if this is good or if I should make any changes.
Most are default settings.
I changed the layer height to .25, wall line count to 3, and infill to 55% per the specs on the v1 site.
quality

thanks

Recommended layer height is .28 mm. I don’t know about initial layer, but it seems a bit too high?? Also take care of travel and printing speed, too much will impact the strength. I assume the lulzbot will be perpendicular and have dimensional accuracy fairly sorted out? Might be worth checking out, before you start churning out all the pieces.

thanks @turbinbjorn. Is there a recommended travel and printing speed? I’m new to 3d printing so this is a bit foreign to me. The speed that it is set at is the default speed. I would assume it is OK?

Is there a way to tell if the strength has been impacted after a test print?

would the best way to check accuracy be to print a cube and measure it?

If you search around the forums, you’ll find many post about print speed.

Yes, print a big, empty box, try 20cm. See if the sizes are accurate, and all angles are square. (Use a caliper and a try square). If it’s not precise enough, look up calibration for your printer on YouTube, I’m sure theres plenty on it. At the same time, I would assume that lulzbot printers would perform well, thinking about their price and quality. It doesn’t hurt to check it out! Might save you many worries and failed prints.

1 Like

Lulzbots usually have a .5mm nozzle, so that may be their defaults, but at that I would make the first layer .3mm. other than that, maybe 4 walls would be better, IMO.