Quick question on conduit

OK. I downloaded the J files - 25.4mm. -

• Mostly_Printed_CNC_525_MPCNC__J-25.4mm__1__OD_.zip
Printed a couple of pieces and then when to look for the conduit to make sure all was sin happy land. However, the pieces have to be forced around a 3/4" electric conduit or 3/4" black steel pipe. Here in the US where are you finding 1" EMT conduit with a 1" outer diameter? Any links? I'd like to grab it at a Home Depot or Lowes or someplace like that.

Thanks,

WTB

The 1" stuff is for 1" stainless tube, not emt. Tube is measured on the outside diameter, pipe is measured on the inside diameter.

1 Like

There are 3 different sets of printed parts C-23.5mm, F-25mm, or J-25.4mm (1in). The measurement is for the Outside Diameter of the conduit/rails/tubing. Please measure your rails before printing. 23.5mm fits 3/4″ EMT conduit in the US. Anywhere else you must physically measure first, some things are sold as Inside Dimension (ID) (conduit), or Outside Dimension (OD) (Tubing).

I was confused with your description of what the C, F, and J sets were for. For others like me, could you make that section of the doc a little clearer?
From what I have experienced, I bought 1" conduit thinking that the J plans would work. Nope. 1" is ID with an aprox. 30mm OD where the J plans need 25.4mm OD. So back to the store I go with my Calipers but I think I am hitting a dilemma where I only have 3/4 or 1" Conduit to choose from. Would it be possible to get some suggested/recommended materials for each size. I have also been scouring the forums but haven’t found anything yet.
Thanks
Shane

Common problem…

• “C"onduit is for 3/4” EMT (ID) (23.5mm OD)
  • "F"oreign is for 25mm Tubing (OD)
  • “J"umbo is for 25.4mm or 1” Tubing (OD)
2 Likes

That is immensely helpful. Thank you.

Shane