Rambo 1.4 board dead

I have somehow fried my Rambo 1.4 board. Nothing functions as it should. I have attempted to re-flash with no luck.

I was going to order a new Rambo board but noticed they have been out of stock for quite some time.

I am using the dual endstop setup.

What should I get instead?

Any help would be great.

Have you checked the fuses? And when you flash it, do you have the 12V connected too?

Ryan posts inventory updates on the contact page (because people always contact him asking that same question). I think he is picking up steam on inventory now though.

I have checked all the fuses and used the 12V when flashing.
I am guessing I broke it some how.

Do you know if you flash the board using the RAMPs direction if you can damage the board?

You shouldn’t be able to damage it by flashing. The bootloader protects you.

Hmm. I don’t know what else to do. I have directly connect a stepper to each driver. Y1 only seems to work but doesn’t seem right.

I don’t have another board to test.

You probably need to flash it with the rambo software. Unplug everything but the 12V and the USB, and follow the firmware instructions:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/marlin-firmware/

If you get stuck, explain what you did, what you expected, and what you actually saw. Post a pic of the board hooked up, and paste any errors from arduino, starting with the first error at the top.

It can happen, but these rambo boards are very tough. They have worked hard to avoid any pitfalls that are easy to fall into. They aren’t invincible, but it takes more than a little inexperience to hurt them.

1 Like

Ok, I just attempted to take a fresh run at a firmware update. The only things I have hooked up to the board is a USB and 12v supply.

Here is what I get after the firmware is uploaded.

Download a copy of this firmware:

Notice the branch name is “V1CNC_Rambo_Dual”.

It looks like the firmware that is on there is older, 414D. And the steps/mm are set to the ramps values. That should be fixed with the newer version.

1 Like

And this is why a second set of eyes is always nice. I will try that and report back. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

That was it! I think I am back in the game.

4 Likes

Awesome. Back from the dead! Nice work.

1 Like