Rambo 1.4 case (Lowrider CNC 2)

Okay, so I printed the case that @vicious1 has made for the Rambo/Archim board…I can’t find anywhere to put it lol.

I started designing my own case to fit the lowrider Y-Plates and figured I’d share my progress here. I haven’t printed this yet, nor is it a final design, but here’s where I’m at so far…

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 9.53.56 PM

Let me know what you guys think! Is this a problem others have run into?

2 Likes

Looks really neat. You will need to make room for the bolt heads though:

Maybe you have, under the cover.

I have! You can almost see it in the last picture near the inside of the Z motor notch. There are 3 bolt heads that needed clearance. I could post renders of the inside too (and probably should) so it’s more clear what’s going on here

2 Likes

This is kind of what the base will look like in more detail…still need some tweaking I think, but you get the idea. And as you can see, I did account for the bolt heads in the base plate

Edit: I’m thinking now about the lower bearing assembly, I may have some interference. Will check tomorrow and design accordingly if need be

4 Likes

Cool!

I would expect some people to use 1/4" material or even 1/8" aluminum for the plate.

1 Like

Okay, so no interference with the lower bearing assemblies. Phew! :sweat_smile:

And I changed from a “screw and post” design to a snap together case…once I just double-check to make sure the design accounts for screw lengths I can buy (to avoid cutting), I might give this a print and see what needs to be changed. I decided I’ll probably take a similar design approach on the other side of the Y-Plate for a raspberry pi (for headless operation).

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 7.00.14 PM

I also took the recesses for the bolt heads all the way through. No reason they can’t be, and it makes printing much easier. A bit of fit and finish on this and I’ll give it a shot!

2 Likes

It’s closer to resembling a design I’m ready to print - I mocked up the Rambo’s basic dimensions and had to move the stand offs a bit, but I think this should work.

2 Likes

I love when a plan comes together

5 Likes

That looks really nice. I just ordered parts last week to start my build. If the design is something you want to share I would be interested in the future. I still have a few tasks to complete on my side to get to this point but I think it looks really nice.

1 Like

Oh of course! Will be posting files soon

2 Likes

Just testing the design out first! Once I make sure that ventilation is sufficient and whatnot, I’ll upload the files.

So far, everything fits! That’s good news