Rambo 1.4 LCD

What is recommended for the lcd. They all seem sold out. I bought an MKS TFT35 inadvertently and don’t think it works with this motherboard. What is everyone doing now? Any touch screens available?

Thanks, Mark

I purchased the one from the v1 store and it looks like its in stock. https://shop.v1engineering.com/collections/lowrider-parts/products/full-graphic-smart-controller-big

i’ve seen some people make touch screen or wireless “tablet builds” but i do not have the knowledge on how to set one of those up.

1 Like

Full graphic LCD is not needed even if it is nice.
I have been using a regular 4 row display for years on my 3d printer and I also use one for my MPCNC that I just got working.

I do have an graphic LCD lying around that I might connect when I decide what kind of box I want for my electronics (remember to change display in config file)

Why bother with the 4 line? Is it cheaper?

Oh, n/m. The 4 row is the reprao full discount display? Yeah, that one works fine. I have a mks tft 3.5 and I haven’t messed with it’s programming, but I don’t see a huge advantage. It does look nicer, and the scrolling on the knob is a bit of a pita, but it is only for a minute for every hour job, so definitely workable.

RepRapDiscount Smart Controller

It is usually bundled Arduino, Ramps and LCD. in many cases for 3d printers and works just fine for this purpose as well.

The scrolling is what you get used to, I barely ever touch mine on my 3d printer…mostly remote control with OctoPrint.

And in this case I start job from SD-card…a few clicks and done.

Thanks everyone, just ordered one from Ryan. In stock. BTW, is it possible to hookup the MKS TFT35 to the Rambo 1.4 board? If there is I haven’t seen anywhere instructions for doing so.

Mark