Rambo 1.4a board Led2 flashing + LCD flashing

Hi all,

I haven’t been able to use my MPCNC in about a month and turned it on today and found out that nothing seems to work. My LCD screen just blinks on and off without anything being displayed and my LED2 light on the board just blinks. I have unplugged everything and it seems to do the same with the steppers and LCD plugged in or left out. My setup was left unplugged and nothing was moved since the last time I use it. (I purchased my kit from here rambo1.4a)

Thanks in advance,

Rob

You can try a re-flash. Not sure what could cause issues other than moisture or static?

1 Like

I am going to try that.

Thanks Ryan

Okay I’ve tried re-flashing the board and I get this error.

Any ideas? is the board bad? I read the board info and it shows the serial number and everything

Thanks in advance,

Rob

"System wide configuration file is “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf”

Using Port : COM5
Using Programmer : wiring
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

avrdude done. Thank you.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch"

1. Do you have the 12V power to the board, or just the USB? You need 12V power too.
  2. Do you have the right COM port?

I do have the 12vdc attached to the board which makes the green led2 flash on and off. Also,for me it is com5 and I do see the TX and RX lights flash once the USB is connected(I know that doesn’t mean much). I believe I can communicate to the device because it seems to read the device info. Unless they give you a generic read out. I have switched the com ports also and it gives me a different error.

Rob

Hmmm… Might be busted. I don’t know what could have killed it if it was just sitting there.

Do you have another 12 V power supply you could try?