Rambo > Latest Marlin > How can I add Reset Coordinates to the main menu?

Hi there, I was was wondering how I could go about adding “How can I add Reset Coordinates to the main menu?” Instead of it being under the V1 Custom Menu folder?

Thanks in advance!

The custom folder is a simple edit in the config. To add it anywhere else you will need to dig deeper into marlin and maintain that edit through updates.

We used to go a little more wild with our edits, these days we rather have current (even daily) builds when something new happens, versus the 6 months to a year lag on updates.

You know the way I do it is add G92 X0 Y0 Z0 to the start of all my gcodes that are not a specific offset, milling basics. That way you drive to where you want to be and just run your code, I am not sure I have ever actually even used the custom menu, for anything.

Thanks Ryan, I have been using my MPCNC as a laser for a few months now after tweaking a things in the firmware. So I am directly connected to the Rambo/Laser from my laptop so I use the LCD menu to reset the coordinates. I will try reset code commands from Lightburn to see if that works. I have sent a reset command before from the Lightburn console but it didn’t reset. I will leave the firmware as is and work with the console or button.

Most anything that can connect directly will let you set a few often used buttons, repetier has 5 buttons you can add in any g/m codes you want, or even a string of them. If you are directly connected you don’t really need a screen at all.

Assuming you want to always insert an G92 X0 Y0 Z0, you can add it to your start code. In LightBurn that happens here:

Repetier-Host has something similar, and Fusion 360 and EstlCAM also have provisions for inserting arbitrary g-code commands.

An over-the-top idea: If you are at all comfortable with electronics, it is relatively simple to build a box with some buttons and an Arduino that would allow you to send any arbitrary code to Marlin.

1 Like

Thank you for the information these are great tips. I went ahead and just set up some of the custom buttons that are available in light burn. This way I can switch my acceleration settings as needed between glass and wood.

I am not sure how to treat coordinates in light burn. Stuff like all the frame buttons would be nice, but I think I would rather just forcefully manage it myself.