Ramps 1.4 Dual End Stop No Signal

Hey all, excited about the MPCNC and made my account for this post! I loaded up my firmware and plugged my endstops in and they won’t change state when using M119 or changing wiring between NO and NC. I’m using a Mega 2560 and Ramps 1.4. Any idea why I would not be able to get a signal from my endstops? I believe that I have the appropriate wires to the appropriate pins. I even tried a second type of limit switch with the same results. I will follow up with pictures of my setup soon.

Photos would help. The endstops should be wired to C and NC. The wires go on (-) and (s) on the ramps.

Are they always triggered or always open?

Here are a few photos. The specific limit switch that I’m using appears to use the black and white wires for NC communication, so I put the white wire to signal and black to common.

When I use M119 they are always open with no change occurring if I call M119 again with the end stops being held in.

IMG_5333
Apologies, I am a new user so I can only post one photo per minute or so.

If you need a different photo angle let me know.

I can’t post a link but here is the name of the endstop that I bought on Amazon.

R REIFENG 6 Pack Mechanical Endstop Limit Switch Module Endstop Switch Horizontal Type with 1M Cable for 3D Print Parts Ramps1.4

Ok. Those little boards have the logic backwards from the firmware. You can:

A. Desolder the switch from the board and connect straight to C, NC.

or

B. Connect the red cable too, and it will show TRIGGERED normally and open when pressed. So you would have to change the inverting flags in the firmware and reflash.

2 Likes

You’re the best, I’ll give that a shot!

That worked for me, thank you! Heading towards my z probe and a crown test now.

1 Like