Ramps 1.4, what precompiled build to choose

Hi!

I am at the beginning of my MPCNC jouney.
I will start my build with a Ramps 1.4 board with DRV8825 drivers. Probably will add a 12864 LCD screen. Would like to have end stops on both sides.

I am looking 4 different precompiled builds, but can not find detailed description for those. Please give me some directions.
Hõiva

Thank You!

The names give some info as to what they are.

You are looking for the MPCNC with dual endstops, so the V1CNC-RAMPS-DUAL. Not the LR version, which is for the LowRider

These come configured for the 12864 LCD controller. For the DRV8825 drivers it assumes 32X microstepping. They arent compiled images, you will need ProgramIO or the Arduino IDE(Linux) to install

1 Like

They arent compiled images, you will need ProgramIO or the Arduino IDE(Linux) to install

Actually there is a no-install solution using XLoader. The file ‘firmware.hex’ is compiled and part of the ZIP file for each release. The firmware has to be a match to the drivers, board, and display.

Ok, clear now!

MK8 is for 3d printer capability
Dual - dual end stops
LR - Low Rider
Ramps - single end stops

will test them out when my board arrives.

Just to be clear, dual endstops doesn’t do movement, it uses one endstop per motor (both on the min side) when homing and then ignore them.

More details on the versions at MarlinBuilder releases.