Repeat V2?

Can’t wait to finish mine and post a picture or three. Just a few more parts before I can start…

Does this mean the parts/model are basically final now?

Also, two questions:
How much room do I have to move the nozzle around on the extruder carrier? I notice on the model that it isn’t exactly in the center. Will I be able to move the bed around to make sure I can get all of it?

Anyone have ideas for the CF Tube I bought for the first repeat? Looks cool, but it’s just sitting here.

Well, the stuff is sold for making R/C drones…

1. The 20X20mm size is still good for use in places where 2020 extrusion would be used as a brace. You can’t use it to attach to, but drilling in a couple of holes and epoxying a nut in place is an option.

2. Other applications where strength and light weight are bonuses. I’m using the one from Repeat #2 (Which I’ve since replaced with aluminum) to reinforce a lighweight shelf in my laundry room. The shelf used to sag under the weight of my Costco sized laundry detergent jug, but now sits nice and flat. A 16" span was perfect for the application.

3. Put a small hinge on the end and use it as a CF “Racing part” hood prop for your car. You can tell people that you’re so dedicated to weight reduction that you replaced the metal hood prop with CF. :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue: :joy: :rofl: (Needs to be close to the hood hinges though.)

4. Push stick for table saw

I’ll be replacing the CF with aluminum on Repeat serial # 000002 as soon as I am sure that I won’t be using the printer for a while… Probably after I get the one that I’ve just collected all of the parts for finished. I’m going to use the same X/Y axis system for this one as trhe others I think. I really like the aluminum as a replacement for the CF, it makes everything go super smooth. Maybe not “linear rail” smooth, but it’s decidedly better than the CF tube.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot all about the car i haven’t had time to build. I’m sure I can find SOMETHING on that…
Good idea.

1 Like

Yeah, any changes that would get made I assume would be cosmetic. I am running my two builds in production and I am happy. Focused more on the firmware side now. I think I could optimize the startup triggering a bit. PS mine both physically level in 2-3 tries now.

The carrier is the size of a hemera (80mm?), anything else is smaller so you will have lots of room. I put 6 holes in there just in case.

Yes in CAD. There is a bit of room on the rails and lots of room to move the bed in cad, easily. That just means a new bed plate.

Not yet. I have a lot of that. I was prepared to make a lot more printers.

1 Like

Awesome. Long weekend and I took Tuesday off, too, so hopefully I can get started. I kinda suck at building things in CAD, so it’s gonna take some time. Also canceled my two rails that were supposed to be delivered back in July and have some from another vender showing up in the next few days, so I think that’s it.
Thanks

I’m gearing up to start one of these because it looks like amazing fun. That said, I have no idea how to extract parts from Fusion360. I did find models on Printables.com, but they were from December 2021, and they look to still include the CF tubed on the X axis.

Are the models on printables.com the most current? Or is my best bet to suck it up and figure out how to get what I need from Fusion?

Here is the current link, Repeat V2? - #85 by vicious1

I need to update the MP3DP printer page ASAP.

2 Likes

Curious what speed/layer/other settings your current production profile has to reliably consistently churn out parts?

Guessing you’re not focused on making speed benchys, but am curious if you happen to have already explored limits of the new design?

Not really. Using teaching techs calibration steps I hit an extruder max flow limit far before a speed one. So that sets extrusion speed and with a layer thickness that gives you a max speed. From there you set the best accel you can get. I could upgrade to a volcano but then I would need to upgrade the cooling as well. A little pricey for 8 printers. I will finish swapping them over to V4’s first. That already bumps my up considerably from the V2’s I was running.

So I am at 55mm/s 0.37mm layer with a 0.5mm nozzle. (if I remember right that is 12mm^3/s flow.)

Speaking of, this extrusion pack just came in the mail yesterday. I have to say it is a great deal and all if it is really nice! 2020 T-slot Aluminum Extrusion Combo Kit 10m Extrusion Angle Brackets Screw Nut - ZYLtech Engineering, LLC I bought a bunch of random stuff from Amazon previously and it was garbage. The extrusions had a slightly too wide slot, the screws did not fit imperial or metric hex keys and they had tiny brackets. This Zyletech stuff is legit. I am talking to them about getting an affiliate code or something, along with a few other things. The extrusion was so good I took a deeper dive in the site and asked about some bulk pricing.

4 Likes

How was shipping?

I had looked at their extruaion and their filament too

The shipping for that big box was $18. When I double-checked I think that brought it to almost the same price I paid for Amazon stuff, but much better quality. The extrusions are individually wrapped as well. Nice touch.

I am going to give the giant spools a try. I am not sure what companies I have tried the large spools from previously but I have not had good luck with them. They always have some nasty stuff in the filament or clumps. It is like all the ones I tried before are sold before quality checking.

2 Likes

Awesome Ryan! The bed mount and front steppers being in the front is something I look forward to, I think I will try to build one.

1 Like

Do you have these STL/3MF files posted anywhere or do I need to pull them from Fusion360?

I have not posted them, but I should… Making a note to do that shortly.

Anyone have a name? MP3DP v4 is not that easy to remember.

Daryl?

ReCore-D

3 Likes

Cordell

I know better than to re-suggest Darryl, or Larry… And it’s a Core-XY.

I think we should anticipate future releases being faster, stronger, etc. And just name this one something easy to beat in a race. Like “Hedgehog”. Then future versions can be “fox”, “wolf”, “cheetah”, “rocket”, etc.

These terms always take on a life of their own. Whatever it ends up being called, it will eventually mean this machine. Something unique and fun is good to me.

Just make sure it can be abbreviated by three or fewer capital letters if it needs new firmware :slight_smile: (V1HOG).

2 Likes

Well, if you’re going to do that, crib from the DoD… Straw would be the first iteration. Then wood, tin, iron, and steel.

Yes, I learned Ada in college…

2 Likes

Ohhh, HOG is a good one for the next CNC.

Having some parameters is cool. 3 letters.

1 Like