I’ve written a python script to generate some gcode to draw a bunch of circles, diamonds, and squares for calibration purposes. One circle is entirely messed up (top right corner of cutting area), it starts in the wrong place! Check out the left side of the circle…
I’ve attached the gcode, it’s correct. I ran the same gcode multiple times and it repeated everything as exactly as I can see, including the screwed up circle. I ran some gcode commands manually, jogging to the start of the circle, entering the arc command and drawing it in the air, still screwed up. However once I was at the circle endpoint and ran the arc commands the arc followed the correct path and closed the circle.
These are supposed to be 4" x 4" circle-square-diamonds. You’ll see that each of them are slightly undersized in the x direction, and about right or just barely undersized in the y. I’m confidant all my belts have enough tension if not possibly too much.
My MPCNC has about a 570 x 310 mm cutting area. I’m running the dual endstop firmware on a RAMBo 1.4. I’m using CNCjs as my gcode sender from a rpi 3b+.
csd.gcode (4.75 KB)