Ridgid 35S stainless steel tubing cutter

Just a note for anyone searching for a good stainless steel tubing cutter. I bought a Ridgid 35S from Home Depot (~$48, same as Amazon). I had tubing cut previously for a never-got-around-to-being-built Burly, but the change in geometry with Primo required changes in some dimensions. This cutter works well, and includes a spare cutting wheel. It takes 1 minute (timed it, as I was curious) to cut through my 0.049" tubing. Very minor burrs - I’ll clean them, but if they were hidden, it wouldn’t bother me to just leave them as is.
Ridgid 35S cutter

1 Like

What is the wall thickness that this can cut? I have some .083 I need to cut.

It’s not listed anywhere - just the max O.D. of 1-3/8" (35mm). It seems to me it can cut any wall thickness, up to the depth of the cutting wheel, which is at least a few mm. It will just take longer.

On a side note, I found you can buy all the parts for it individually, at https://store.ridgid.com/us/en/parts/29963#6712.

Thanks for the info Mike. Will have to make a trip to Home Depot soon.

I see both Amazon & HD have dropped the price a few dollars. It wasn’t carried at my local HD, so I ordered it. Little did I know it would take 11 days to travel what is normally a 4 hour drive.

1 Like

100% agree about the RIDGID 29963 Model 35S Stainless Steel Tubing Cutter!

Bought thick walled (.083") stainless tubes from someone on ebay.
Tried cutting them with:
1. 5" cutoff wheel on an angle grinder
2. 14" chop saw
3. RIDGID 29963 Model 35S Stainless Steel Tubing Cutter

By far, the best result was #3.