Rigid Trim Router

I’m curious if anybody is using the rigid trim router and what holder they are using and if they have found a 1/8 collet for it.

I have a Ridgid Brushless palm router which I intend to use as the spindle. I’ll report back here once I try it.

I found a 1/4" – 1/8" collet adapter at Rockler Woodworking. It seems to hold tight in the Ridgid router, and I’ll report here if I run into any issues.

I use the Ridgid trim router and instead of using the 1/8" bit I try to use 1/4" bits instead.

Thanks Kenn. I look forward to your findings.

Thanks texasandrew. I intend to use 1/4 whenever possible but some smaller bits I may not have a choice but to use 1/8

I tried it once in a pinch, it got hot shortly into a job and it has a thermal shutdown type of thing in the circuit, so it stopped and broke a bit. turning it on just spun the motor a tiny bit and then stopped. Worked fine after cooling off, but that was a showstopper for me. Might have changed but this was only last year. lifetime warranty is nice though.

I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up. Only want to use it as it is what I have in the way of a smaller router. I have plenty of 2-3hp routers just only the one trim router. If I find I want to continue with the CNC I will upgrade to a 500-800 watt spindle.

Hi, all - I also intend on using my Ridgid trim router as the tool for my MPCNC. Anyone have any updates, tips, or tricks for me?