Roller F conduit clamps are tight

Hey everyone! I’m starting to assemble the frame and gantry for my mpcnc. I noticed that 3d printed clamps are really tight and I’m unable to screw them back in place over the conduit. I 3d printed my own parts by the way. I’m thinking about just sanding the clamps down so they’re not bulging too much. The corner block clamps fit just fine. I have a feeling if I get 1" screws it may crack the plastic. Anybody else have to sand theirs down?

Do a quick extrusion calibration and maybe print a calibration cube to make sure everything on your printer is good. if it is, a light sanding is fine but usually not needed.

Yeah… I’m pretty sure my printer’s extruder is fairly accurate. I haven’t done a calibration measurement in a while though… But all of the other parts have fit nicely and the rollers are very smooth. It’s just the Roller F clamp bulges out way too much. I’ve cracked a couple of the Roller F assemblies where the slot is by forcing it… So I ended up using my dremel to shave out some plastic on the clamp so I don’t have to force the conduit in. Other then that everything has been going good! Once again… Thanks for sharing this design with the world. Very impressive! Wish I had half of your design skills… LOL

I was having some issues with the roller F clamp assembly as well. One issue I was having was my z-offset on my printer was a bit to low and I was getting some stuff sticking out which I cleaning up with a have moon file. Another issue was that when I used the long shoulder bolts cracked the print. I tried weld repairing and crazy gluing… It seems like my weld repair worked but my crazy glue split… I wound up putting a tapered reamer down the holes with the shoulder bolts to clean things up a bit.

Another thing I did… I have access to a lathe with a 5c collect chuck. I machined a chamfer on the od of the tube and used a file to radius the chamfer. After that I think I buffed it smooth as well. This provide a nice pilot to get the shaft on the roller F clamp. (It’s really snug even without any screws for me) I think you try grinding a chamfer with a dremel. It would be good to were a good dusk mask… I don’t think it’s as nasty as welding galvanized but still…