Router bits

Where is everyone getting there router bits from?

I bought several here from V1. 1/8″ 2 Flute Carbide Long bit burned very quickly.

I’m still learning so this will not be my last burnt bit! I only cut 1 Low rider part then on the second one it started to burn, then messed up the cut by running of track.

would love to make it further than one cut.

A few things here.

Burnt bits are caused by not removing enough material. My suggestion is to turn down your routers RPM.

A single flute bit will be easier for you to learn with, it is effectively running at half the RPM compared to a dual flute.

Burnt wood on a bit does not mean it is bad. The bit is only bad if it gets red at some point. Wood can burn before a bit gets red.

I am not sure what that file was but it does not work.

For more detailed help we need approx RPM, depth of cut, feedrate, material you were cutting.

this is what I used for the tool

Material and spindle? Speeds in foam vs aluminum are completely different and also vary by spindle RPM. A 12" machine can cut faster than a 3’ machine. The z axis length has a similar effect.

https://www.v1engineering.com/milling-basics/

Birch Ply Wood Cabinet grade.
28x28x8 is the size of the MPCNC
DEWALT DW660 Cut-Out 5 Amp 30,000 RPM Rotary Tool with 1/8-Inch and 1/4-Inch Collets

The first cut went very well, did not have any issues until the second cutting of the same file.

My biggest suggestion is try a single flute or slow down your router.

https://www.v1engineering.com/speed-control/

Your feed rates seem slow. I use half of the bit diameter as a depth and played with feed speeds to find what I like. 1/32 is running at 10mm/s in baltic birch without problem, 1/8 endmill is moving 18-20 mm/s without problem. I cant slow down my spindle so i speed up the feed.

Reverse logic there.

After rereading it I understand what you are saying. I try to stay under 20mm/s when milling. I will hopefully try some tests soon but instead of faster I just cut deeper. I feel that will give the best accuracy while not sacrificing job time.

I will have to try that with larger bits but 1/32 and 1/16 are too fragile.