It’s been slow-going here for a couple of weeks, but there is progress. I got a couple 9 ft lengths of 2" aluminum angle to use for the edges of the table so I’d have a guaranteed flat rolling surface. You can kind of see them in the photo here. I figure I’ll get the rig set up and working, plane down my table and cut out some squares from the top to reduce weight and make it flat, and then shim up the aluminum angle with a couple strips of ply and add my spoil board. That should be the working setup.
I had to go through and clean my garage… this was my big roadblock to making progress on the lowrider. I added casters to my workbench and built in a drill press and miter station. I feel like a pro now. You can tell from the size of the garage that I do most of my construction in the driveway.
And tonight I finally got the motors all wired up and working for the first time on the kitchen floor! The pre-loaded firmware on the rambo board makes this feel very plug and play.
- Screw down the aluminum rails
- Put the rig back on the table and route wires
- Attach belts and rig up an adjustable stop point
- Flash an RPi3 with a couple of setups to try
- Figure out how to zero the rig and draw the crown with a duct-taped-on pen
- More garage purge and organize
- Rig up the vacuum system (shop-vac and cyclone separator on a bucket)
- ... many things