Safe to assume LowRider2 on 32x50 table will be stupidly heavy to move?

Planning the size/space/table/area. Small garage.

Wondered about designing it to mount onto 2 sturdy work tables, and when not using the LR2, I’d just lift it off and lean it against a wall.

Then I realized the combo would probably be pretty heavy once router + spoil board are factored in.

I’m trying very hard to find a way to fit a LR2 in my small shop. Any other opinions on mobility/movability/put-away-ability would be appreciated.

Do a search for folding tables… I think someone even attached hooks or eyes to their table, and they hoist it up into the rafters when not in use. Alternately, build it below your normal working surface, and let it live there. Just watch your shins, and get creative with dust/chip management.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I have seen a bunch of folding tables and those look nice, and your tip about underneath a work area is clever.

Unfortunately I think the only place it can go (without re-figuring moving several things in the garage…which may be necessary) is in the middle of the floor space. I should really do some sort of shop tour sometime so I can refer to it during times like these!

Mine is on casters. Very easy to move.

Mine is 48x48 and is tucked into a corner of my shop. I say tucked but it takes up nearly a fifth of my shop. The up side is that I use it for an assembly or planning table as well. It is shorter than a standard table but it doesn’t bother me much.