San Diego Maker Faire

Just wondering if any MPCNC people are thinking or planning on attending.

My daughter and I are looking at going this year (not 100% yet but most likely going to be) so figured I’d ask if anyone else is planning on going and may want to meet up or something.

AWWWWWWW Dangit. I was going to. I had the flight on the screen, but it just felt a little nuts trying to go out there and back for two days and cram in family and friend visits…Crud.

Bummer, I was kind of hoping you may be going since I seem to remember you having some SD connections :wink: It’s only a 2.5 hour drive for us so the only real expense is a hotel for two nights (we’re planning on coming in Friday night so we can get an early start Saturday.)

I’m curious to see how the SD Faire is. I haven’t made it to Balboa park on a normal day yet let alone a big event like this. Still debating a cheaper hotel a bit further away or something right outside. Just don’t know that part of SD very well yet.

I used to live about 1/2 mile from there.

There is a pretty cool looking hotel, right where I lived. The Lafayette Hotel. No idea if it as cool on the inside but it has the craziest little bar/restaurant straight outta the 50’s (pretty sure they told us, literally ripped apart an old restaurant and rebuilt it there). the red fox room. We had a drink there one night, blue mowhaked bar tender, and 90 year old guys with toupees playing brass instruments.

1 Like

Me and the robotics team I’m in are attending, hope some of you guys go! :slight_smile:

Me and the robotics team I’m in are attending, hope some of you guys go! :slight_smile:

Oh man, both you guys…I really screwed that choice up.