Sandify Update v0.2.7

no. I have made a video capture to better explain the issue. when exporting many (more than 2) layer, the connection between layer are wrong and line appear! Please have a look on the video link I have made for you!

The size of the final file is 112ko but if I export 2 layer and add 1, and add one, … the final file for the same result become …>6 mo! so big that it is unusable on my table!

thanks for your help

1 Like

Can you zip up those gcode files so I can reproduce that on my end? I suspect there is something right on the hairy edge of a limit there.

here the zip file. To create the final file import the file named “coquillage (1)” copy it 7 time with each time an offset of + or - 60 on the y axes!
coquillage (1).zip (32.1 KB)

Thank you. That is very helpful. I can see the issue here as well. I get a slightly different pattern, for some reason, which is concerning. But I still see the lines only in the gcode and not in the preview (which should never happen).

Hi great so now you have all to work and may be find the issus. Sandify.org work very well but this issue is very annoying😟

I bet. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

I am interested in working on sandify in the next couple of weeks, and these two bug fixes will be on my list.

We are doing a bunch of other work, which we hope will end up with a neat new user interface and make things like the workflow you just shared a lot easier. We have some example use cases, but it is mostly based on the way Bob and I imagine people are using it (from the clues we see in created patterns, and using it ourselves). Seeing someone actually use it is very interesting.

That pattern you’ve made is really neat. I want to see more of your work. Are you sharing it anywhere?

Thanks jeff for your time!

Just an idea for some update but it could be nice if we could make a repetition(copy x time) in x and y axis of a pattern with a value of xxmm in x and xxmm in y axis☺️

This is just an idea.

I have also recently found a great tool to make some good pattern. This is a free plugin of the inkscape software called “inkstitch”

You can make any vector line, fill it in different way and…export in gcode! And then import it into sandify😊

1 Like