Screen malfunction, no printer attached

The TFT35-T3 V3.0.1 has lines through it as seen below. I have swapped the cables, I believe wired correctly to no avail. I can control the steppers via Repetier and Marlin on menu side, not via touch screen. Also getting “No Printer Attached” in touch mode, not Marlin mode. I think I have a defective TFT (all connections are tight) and perhaps need to reload firmware? @vicious1
Thanks in advance! I am really impressed with the design of this machine.

I could be wrong, but that is a contrast issue. There should be a small dial that will change the contrast. you may need to remove the board to find it.

On this screen you can see it circled here. I am not sure about yours.

Thanks I will take it out and have a look.

Unplug the black wire and see if that helps. That is what it looks like when it is backwards I think.

The no connection is not right. Did you buy ot from me? If so I actually plug in amd test them both.

1 Like

Yea all purchased from you. OK I can try that. What is the “no” connection?

Thanks for your assistance.

Yep unplugging the black cable fixed the screen problem. so I leave it out now? Still can only move the steppers from the marlin menu side, not the touchscreen side. And the touchscreen side says no printer attached. Does that matter?

Thanks again.

No I think that means you plugged it in backwards, I could not tell from your picture. I have a picture in the instructions on how it gets plugged in, the single plug side goes towards the rst pin.

You know I think this forum was created by my wife. When I am sure I know the problem, it isnt, LOL