SD Media not recognized

Hi,
Heres a picture of my build and I am tickled pink about it. Everything has worked perfectly and is ready to go. All the posts have been so helpful

Im ready to print and the LCD will recognize my Media Insertion on the home screen but will not acknowledge it and states- no media in the second menu.
Everything flashed fine after I realized I had to include the U8glib in the sketch. Am I missing something?Do I need another library item?
Any help would get me printing pronto. Many thanks to Ryan for producing such a robust machine

Oh man, I am trying to remember. There was some filesystem trick. Something like putting it in a folder, or adding at least one file to the top level folder or something. It has been a while…

1 Like

I believe there is an SD card size limit.
It’s very easy to find 64GB+ cards, but if you have a smallish one 1, 2, 4 GB you might have better luck and still way more than enough space for all your needs.

1 Like

You probably need to check the format of the SD card. It needs to be FAT32, but many cards these days are formatted as exFAT.

The size is a red-herring (although perhaps smaller, older cards are more likely to be FAT32) as the maximum size for a FAT32 partition is 2 TERRAbytes. The max file size is 4GB, which might be the cause for confusion. I certainly had no problems using a 64GB card formatted with FAT32

1 Like

Thanks, that makes sense.
I put very little effort into troubleshooting mine.
I grabbed a card from my son and it wasn’t recognized.
I dug up one of my own - much older and smaller and it worked fine.

Good tip on checking the formatting.

FWIW, even if fat32 supports it, the cheap sd card readers may not. It may also be different on each lcd manufacturer, depending on which chips they can get the cheapest.

Thanks for getting back. It took me a day or two but I finally figured it out. I thought disk formatting was a thing of the past. I went into formatting on my Mac and formatted it as MSDOS. It made me think of floppy discs ! The machine works perfectly I’ve just got to figure out the thermostat settings for the bed as I can’t heat it up beyond 35°C As the alarm goes off

What does the error say?

Thanks,
It just shuts down. I’ll post a pick tomorrow morning east coast time

Thanks so much.
I have Included a couple of photos- they may provide clarity.

-The bed never reaches 35C on the screen but is way hotter (don’t know the exact temp but at least double the temp.

• If I set the temp to 40C this screen appears.
  • Probably some minute change in the sketch is called for but this is something I won’t tinker with as of yet (skill set not quite there)

What bed do you have on there and where did you get it?