Feel like I must be missing something basic here…
- Machine is off. Z is at minimum (resting on the rollers)
- I turn it on. info shows I’m at 0,0,0 (alternating with ??, not sure what that means)
- I move the Z axis to +50, info screen shows 0,0,50
- At this point I want to set this as my ‘home’ position. The docs (https://docs.v1engineering.com/learn/coordinates/#using-lcd) say to “select the “Set Home Position” in the menus”, but don’t say where this option is. Under Configuration -> Advanced I see “Set Home Offset” but I don’t think this is the same thing?
- In the V1 custom menu I see a Reset XYZ option, which sounds sorta correct, so I select it. Info shows 0,0,0. Sounds good.
- I move the Z axis -20. Info screen shows 0,0,-20
- I select ‘Home Z’. The Z axis moves downwards and collides with the base and I have to emergency stop it. I would expect ‘Home Z’ to move up 20mm back to the original position (which was 0,0,50 but is now 0,0,0)
What am I doing wrong here?
Is there any documentation of what all the menu options actually do on the LCD? I saw there was an “Auto home”, and some searching suggests I don’t want this unless I have some extra sensors. I see Home X, Home Y, and Home Z under the Motion menu, but also Home Z and Home XY under the V1 custom menu. I assumed those would move back to the home position, but not sure why they’re in two places, or if they’re actually different…