Show us where you live!

All this talk of MTB’s makes me wish I was young enough to heal a lot quicker than I do!

Loving the pics!

Hrmph… I really need a recumbent these days, otherwise, my CoG is too high, and it’s a pain to stay balanced. Plus, shorter distance to fall. Of course, getting out of a recumbent might be a comedy sketch…

I tried one and getting out it looked like I hit a bus stop full of people it was horrible the funniest thing my wife ever saw I will never live it down. I had to destroy 2 phone and payoff the bike guy and I bet he has a copy on utube

2 Likes

17.4C is a nice day here. I’d be very happy indeed if we could get to that temperature. Here’s a picture at around 12C. Lots of mist and rain but still gorgeous…

This is looking North towards the town of Coniston in the Lake District. The water below is where the book and film “Swallows and Amazons” were set and made and also where Campbell lost his life attempting the world water speed record.

We were swimming here (no wetsuits) earlier in the day. Air temperature was probably 15C. Water temperature somewhat less…

Rob

5 Likes

Everything was wonderful until you said you were swimming!

1 Like

@bitingmidge

I wish I healed a lot quicker than I used to as well :frowning: I gave rugby up as I would play on a Saturday and not be able to walk until Weds. I now do mountain biking and have just as many knee problems as before. Oh well, I’m not taking up bowls, or fishing, I have to do something energetic :slight_smile:

My eldest daughter refuses to use a wet suit even when it gets really cold. She’s as tough as old boots, plays rugby as a hooker (no jokes please, that’s the hardest rugby position to play in, you have to be mad to play there) and brings a tear of pride to my eye :sweat_smile:

@kvcummins

I tried a recliner and they are nice and easy but I have to agree, getting in and out of them is a comedy sketch in it’s own right.

Rob

1 Like

I live in Ohio, so imagine miles and miles of corn fields… :rofl:

5 Likes

My aunt lives Des Moines, Iowa and I remember flying in a small plane from Iowa to Minneapolis and it was flat and full of corn as far as the eye could see.

I live in a small village in the Dales which is rolling hills and green grass. Lots of ups and downs but it’s not mountainous but it is craggy. I couldn’t live anywhere flat as it would drive me mad.

Rob

Soy beans is what we have in SE Wisconsin. At least.you can see over them

1 Like

Eastern Iowa, and once you get out of the city, it’s a mix of corn and soybeans.

I seem to live in a lot of scenic-adjacent places. I grew up in New Orleans. Near, but not in, the Garden District. Then I lived in Manhattan near, but not in, SoHo (not quite true, the guys I was living with were in SoHo for about two weeks until we found a big enough place for all three of us). Then moved to L.A. to a grubby little suburb near, but not actually, Glendale/Pasadena. Now I live in Cedar Rapids, in a gentrified subdivision, away from any fields or areas of any historic or cultural interest. Sure, there’s a park nearby, but it’s a huge mosquito factory most of the time, since we’re also near the river.

Have relatives all over that area grew up in Mason City

We miss mountains.

Though in the next year or so, we’re planning on moving.

4 Likes

Recognised the pictures from @wellthad since I live in Vancouver WA just north of Oregon. Also recognised @rwillett photos as I was born in Nelson and went to Clapham and all those surrounding areas a lot, which village are you in?

@delfairen

We live in Clapham itself in the old vicarage. Due to ecclesiastical law written into our deeds, which is legally binding, we are not allowed to call it the Old Vicarage (even though it is). It was an old bed and breakfast when we brought it and is still decorated in 1980’s chic (hahahahahahahaha). We brought it knowing we’d need to gut it and renovate it.

I know Nelson a little, a friend at university, Austin Pollard, was from there. He emigrated to the US about 30 years ago.

We’ve lived here for just under two years and our local villages are Bentham, Ingleton, Feizor, Wharf, Settle (town really), Eldorth (which sounds like it should be from Lord of the Rings), Horton in Ribblesdale with the famous viaduct

That’s a sight to behold when a steam train goes over. I’ve seen grown men weep with joy (I may have been one of them, but that’s just a vicious rumour).

Rob

8 Likes

Here’s a picture from my backyard.

The rest of the area where I live is pretty flat with a lot of concrete.

6 Likes

I say! Is that Henry pulling that train? Steam engine, green… Sure that isn’t Sodor?

1 Like

@kvcummins

It could be Henry, I’m wondering if I can see the FC (deliberately made into initials to confuse non believers) in the carriages.

Sodor is near here, so I’m told.

Rob

Well, I knew it wasn’t Percy, too big, and Gordon is blue… So it has to be Henry.

Akron, Ohio!
Here’s a picture hanging on the beach on Lake Erie in Cleveland😎

Covid lockdown!?

5 Likes

My friend Vanston at our local ski area (Mt. Ashland,Oregon)

Our Rogue River,Oregon

Out my window Ashland, Oregon

more -
https://jiminashland.jalbum.net/

8 Likes