Simplify3d with Repetier

So I just bought Simplify3d and was wondering how to use it with Repetier. Do I slice it in S3D and then import the Binary or Ascii file to Repetier? Or can I ditch Repetier altogether?

Wow, I have owned simplify for a long time now and never thought to try and connect directly. I actually don’t know if you can, I’ll have to check in the morning. If it has control software built in than yes it will work, I’m just not sure it has control software.

I know Repetier, pronterface, and matter control all work.

Crazy to think I haven’t tried, I guess I always print from an SD…sorry, kind of blows my mind.

Yes, if you have Simplify3D, you don’t need Repetier.

Consider going Hog wild and take your image sliced with Simply3d and upload to your octopi driven raspberry pie. Plug to one of USB ports and use another for a camera for remote viewing from any where in the world. No fussing with SD cards or miniature LCD screens.

You can save the gcode file from simplify3d and send it to the machine with repetier. I do that on my 3d printer because I like the live view better on repetier. On the cnc I have just been going from sd.

Does any one have the MPCNC settings for Simplify3d?

I’m not sure if this will work but try this.

Thanks. I see a G28(home all axis) in the start gcode…is this correct for MPCNC with no endstops?

Nope, it didn’t work. I tried it when I switched computers last week and it didn’t work then either. I have no idea what the export even does. Sorry.

So I just learned something with simplify, kinda mad about it. I opened a previously saved factory file, it asked if I wanted to save my workspace, I said no thinking there is nothing on the plate so nothing to save. It wiped all my new settings but restored all my old settings.

This might be a way to transfer all the settings, but you would have to open different factory files to switch between them.

This was very irritating for me because I had been spending a lot of time fine tuning some things and now I have to start over. Weeks of settings gone.

Hi

I found that out the hard way as well when my computer crashed in the middle of a print. Lost all settings I entered for it. But other than that I prefer Simpliy3D because of the control you have. I was wondering if I could print a 3D RC plane (P47) from 3D Labs(https://3dlabprint.com/shop/lockheed-p-38-lightning/). They offered a test print of the P47 wing on Thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1276384). Here are the results. It uses two processes to print the wing part allowing for different number of perimeters between the layers. Here are some test prints. The video is the first print attempt and the photos are the second one where I’m trying to determine the best nozzle temp for thin walls as well as trying to resolve the under extrusion at the starting point of each layer (fyi, each layer starts at the same point).

I sharing the factory files for those interested. Just note that I’m not an expert and I’ve only started playing around with 3D printing in the last month or so. The MPCNC V2.fff is initial setup for general printing. The p47 Wing Test is for the RC plane.

Simplify3d-FFF-Files.zip (5.53 KB)

Simplify3d-FFF-Files-1.zip (5.53 KB)

Hi
I feel you pain. My computer crashed in the middle of a print. Lost all settings I entered for it. But other than that I prefer Simpliy3D because of the control you have. I was wondering if I could print a 3D RC plane (P47) from 3D Labs(https://3dlabprint.com/shop/lockheed-p-38-lightning/). They offered a test print of the P47 wing on Thingiverse (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1276384). Here are the results. It uses two processes to print the wing part allowing for different number of perimeters between the layers. Here are some test prints. The video is the first print attempt and the photos are the second one where I’m trying to determine the best nozzle temp for thin walls as well as trying to resolve the under extrusion at the starting point of each layer (fyi, each layer starts at the same point).

I can share the factory files for those interested. Just note that I’m not an expert and I’ve only started playing around with 3D printing in the last month or so. The MPCNC V2.fff is initial setup for general printing. The p47 Wing Test is for the RC plane.