Skill_cap's first build (Texas)

Lead screw cut with Dremel metal disk (1 1/2”) and de-burred with chamfer. Came out as advertised!! Very happy with final product.

ORXPLUS Tools Deburring Chamfer… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQCJN11?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I know, might have been excessive but plan on building more stuff in the future…

Hope this helps anyone in the future with cuts

4 Likes

It’s alive!

Had 2 crashes… I need to install the safety stop.

I have to learn how to set the 0,0 … so I can Home it. I currently set it to the point of trial and error (center) and worked it from there.

Look forward to homing it and getting it beefed up

Thanks to the community for all the forum posts and look forward to showing y’all the process as it comes along

8 Likes

When the machine is started it assumes the coordinates for x, y and z are 0,0,0. So the simplest way to home the machine is to move the pen to the location that you want 0,0,0 to be and then turn on the machine. There are more convenient ways to home the machine with the appropriate gcode but imo rebooting the machine is the simplest.

2 Likes

UPDATE: So, I finally got to cutting chips and didnt realize how much sawdust would be kicked up… obvious I know. Soooo, I HAD to build an enclosure.

Looks cool but still super loud, so I started adding 1&2” foam (seen in picture) to dampen.

Well, you may have guessed it… it got hotter than the devils toenail. During an easy (but long) cut of foam, the z-axis began to tilt. Not sure if it was the heat or that I didn’t tighten screws enough… but I have a full-on disaster on my hands.

Wish me luck everyone lol​:gear::pray::eyes:

Starting by loosening all central bolts and hope they aren’t warped

3 Likes

Someone who lives in Houston and cheers for LSU, color me shocked. Looking pretty good man I finished mine at the end of last year. I live up in the heights nice to see others in the area working on the same thing.

1 Like

heck yeah man, we are in the same neighborhood. hows your build holding up? still loving it?

Yah it works well enough for my purposes, I’ve been pretty impressed overall with what you can get out a cnc you can build for sub $400. I mainly built it to work on guitars and so far it works for that. I have a detached garage right now so I havent had to worry about making an enclosure but I’m about to move down the street and when I do that im going to have to end up building something like yours.