SKR 1.3 Tmc2208 steppers btt tft35 e3 v3.0 help

I am new to the cnc router world, just built lowrider 2 using a skr 1.3 board tmc2208 steppers and a btt tft 35 e3 v3.0 display and dual endstops. I am useless at building firmware, i just cant seem to figure it out. everything i try will not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!!

Which skr is it exactly? There is an skr 1.3 without turbo or pro.

I believe there is a version of the firmware at MarlinBuilder releases for the skr 1.3 (1p3, 2209) for the v1cnc dual. I would start with that and get it compiling. Then make some changes for tmc2208s.

I believe it isnt either pro or turbo

I complied the firmware file for tmc2208’s. How do i get the display to work?

Thank you Jeff i got it working!!!

1 Like

It moves but now it wont home…it moves 10mm in on direction and then stops. Wont even try to find the endstops what is going on!

Send M119, your endstops are probably triggered.

They should be wired NC from ground to signal.

After running the m119 command it says there open. Could i have the plugs in the board backwards?

Open is good. Do they show triggered when you push them?

Well now they all show triggered no matter what. And fir some reason the righ side z lifts faster than the left.

Unugged all the endstops and it still shows triggered when sending m119

That’s how it is supposed to be. The switches should be wired Normally Closed. When I test on my desk, I short (using some jumpers) the s and ground pins to show open.

So they should be triggered when nothing is touching them and open when pressed? Is there supposed to be any jumpers under the drivers? Im goi g to try putting the firmware in again close to stock configuration and try it. I had noticed i didnt have the jumpers on the pins next to the endstop plugs.

No. When nothing is touching the switches, the connection from ground should go through the switch, and back to the signal pin. The logic in the firmware should see that it is ground on the signal pin and report “open”.

When the switch is pushed, it will open the connection inside the switch. The signal pin won’t be connected to ground (and it has an internal pull-up) so it will be logic 1, and the firmware should report “triggered”.

That is the default behavior on the firmware. I don’t like the term “open” in the firmware, but that’s what it is.

It was my wiring on the endstops… its working now! Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me!! This a great community!!!

1 Like