Skr 1.4 tmc 2209 stepper motor problem

Hello , i have a problem with my build Lowrider .
i connect everything was working ok without router on top and i notice that when i put some pressure on top of the Z axis it make a weird noise and went down .
i tried the same with Y axis and again the same . what i am doing wrong ? ( i am a newbie i search for thing here and there to try figure it out)
thank u.

You will definitely be able to overcome the motors on either axis. It doesn’t have to be as strong as you. So pushing it is a bit subjective.

But there are some common problems that end up with this issue.

One is wiring the motors in parallel. They either need to be on their own drivers or wired in series.

One is not adjusting the drivers (for controllers with external drivers).

One is loose grub screws on the pulleys. One screw should be on the flat of the motor shaft and tight, then the other should be tightened against the side. Locktite is a good idea to keep them from slipping.

One is moving too fast, but you’re saying the trouble is when stationary, that’s not the issue.

Thanks for your respond . Maybe i described it a bit wrong . Let me explain . I have 5 steppers with five drivers when i tell the Z axis to move up 10 mm it starts and then suddenly cut off and lose steps .i am sending the gcode to start the cut and cant lift thats where i notice the problem. The X and Y axis done that when i put some pressure to them . Thank you again.

What controller are you using? Can you share a photo of the wiring?

Does it drop on its own when unpowered?

Sometimes the leadscrew nuts can bind if they are not aligned perfectly.

I am using skr 1.4 and tmc 2209 +bigtreetech tft35-e3

Does M122 give you any useful info? Is the current set correctly (850-900mA should be enough). Look for ola or olb flags.

1 Like

It looks all ok when i send m122 the current is set to 800 . I dont know what is ola or olb flags…

here is a video of what it is doing exactly