SKR Octopus

The problem with SKR Pro 1.2 is that they seem to be discontinued and are becoming difficult to get in EU. So we either have to ship it from USA, wait a long time and pay customs or choose another board. Adding official support for a board that’s easy to get worldwide would make it a lot easier for the first time builders who want to get things going quickly.

1 Like

Boards are getting scarce…or expensive. Depending on how you look at it. We have several unofficially supported board in the firmware list.

Finding a new board to take on long terms is a difficult task, but I have been doing some research every day.

2 Likes

Hi Kenny how did you get on?

That isn’t true. I think the schematic lists 3.3V on the endstops but they will work fine on 5V. Most of the I/O pins of the STM MCU are also 5V tolerant. Octopus Pro allows 48V steppers but otherwise it is mostly identical to the regular Octopus.

Disclaimer: I have both Octopus and Octopus Pro in use and also stumbled upon the 3.3V pins in the schematic. Don’t bother, these are 5V tolerant. If in doubt, look up these pins in the STM manual and you will see that these are indeed 5V tolerant.

The end-stops do not generate a current, they get it from the board. The board gives 3,3v. But 5v end-stops still work on 3,3v although I wouldn’t recommend it.
Same for the driver step voltages they provide current to the external drivers, if the external drivers need 5v you can’t use the normal version.

No. The endstop connectors provide 5V, the schematic and pin diagram are wrong on the regular Octopus:

The octopus pro corrected this. And if using microswitches, the voltage doesn’t matter anyway. You could have too much drop on long, thin cables but beside of that even 3.3V would be okay.

Chinese quality I guess…
The one I had more than a year ago was 3.3v.

Yea, they have those stupid leds on the endstop boards. That’s the only reason for power to the endstops. Unless you’re using those fancy pants inductive stops.

1 Like

Sorry just started tring to use it been tied up on other things but when i try to cut somthing with cncjs it starts goes and just stops i can hit pause and then run it will cut whatever comand and stop till i hit pause and start again and have to keep doing it