SKR Pro 1.2 and TFT Issues

So I just got all the mechanical bits together for my build, followed the steps for setting up the SKR Pro 1.2. initially it said no printer connected. I could not control the motors from the motion screen and when I connected my computer to the board it could not find it.

Oddly the board arrived with a micro SD card installed.

I decided to update the firmware on the board following the steps. I got that to work and the .bin file changed extension names. At this point the screen would work for about a minute and then display the two options, Marlin Mode or V1 Mode I think was the other one. I could not click or change the mode as the screen was frozen.

Shut off the power, unplugged the screen and reconnected. Same issue.

Decided to update the firmware on the screen. Loaded the .bin and config files onto the SD card. Installed in the screen and it showed it was updating but did not make it past 9% waited about 5 minutes. Hit reset. Then it spiked to 17%. If I hit reset it flops back down to only making it to 9% and back and forth. I left it running for about 10 minutes without changes. Now the screen does not work when the SD card is removed. With SD card installed it only shows the update screen.

Any ideas?

Rob

1 Like

I realized my issue was I had both grey and black cables attached to the screen. Removed the grey cables and it now updated and I got motion. Stepper motors were buzzing pretty good though and the graphics are all out of wack on the display so will have to add the graphics folder onto the SD card I think and update. And take a closer look at the motors in the morning.

1 Like

Hi @RobP I’m on SKR Pro 1.2 too and had some issues getting it rolling, but with @jeffeb3 help got it working, if you like you can go through my build thread to check some of the answers I got from the guru Jeff solving my problems…at the moment I’m running in with touch screen mode and can’t have access to the manual knob version, but it’s fine with me…works great.

Cheers and keep it going !!!

Àlex

2 Likes