Skr pro 1.2 dual endstops machine does not move when homing

when i home the lowrider2 will not move any ideas

do i need to set the bed size first in firmware

new build with skr 1.2 pro with tmc2209 using the default firmware for skr pro and 2209 lowrider no changes to the firmware

The most common reason for no movement is that you wired your switches as normally open. V1 firmware is setup for normally closed switches, which is a safer option. If this is the issue (or if there are any sort of connection issues), then you should see a small movement away from the home position when you attempt to home. Note that most limit switches support both normally open connections and normally closed connections. The choice is made when wiring the switch.

This is not a bed size issue. Bed size will only impact homing if you attempt to home from beyond the bed size, and even then, it does not give up until it has moved the size of the bed. The LowRider currently has a bed size default in the firmware of 600mm x 600mm. From configuration.h:

// The size of the print bed
#define X_BED_SIZE 600
#define Y_BED_SIZE 600
2 Likes

Use

M119

to determine the status of the endstops. If they read as triggered, then the machine won’t move.

2 Likes

my table is 111 inches by 57 inches so should i make my bed size the size of the table surface or 4 foot by 8 foot should i make the bed size in the code exactly 1220mm x 2440

These numbers represent the range of movement of the router, so if you want to be precise, you can:

• Home the machine
  • Navigate electronically to the max X,Y of your machine
  • Record the values and use them to define the bed size.

BUT

Unless you are using soft stops, the only time these values are used is during homing, and as far as I know, are only used to generate an error if the firmware thinks you’ve moved too far. So you could just assign any bed values that are larger max size of your work area, and that will eliminate any error condition. Or not change them and simply drag your router within 2 ft. of home before doing the homing sequence.

Note that soft stops are not enabled by default in the V1 maintained version of the firmware, and they are not very helpful if enabled since most MPCNC users do their cutting in world space relative to their stock, and not relative to the machine.