SKR Pro 1.2 firmware/software MPCNC

I’m wondering if the encoder button pin (PA8) on the SKR is shorted somehow.

From what I can tell, when your gray cable (EXP1) is plugged in the screen acts like the button is being held down. When the cable is unplugged, the screen functions, but the board is still acting wierd. Yes?

I can still see the no printer attached message…

The issue of the selection screen being frozen only happened after the board and tft were flashed with the software shown in the screenshots above. Prior to this the functionality of the tft worked fine except I was getting the message of “no printer attached”

Yes this error message appeared when everything is first started up the “no printer attached” message eventually goes away but the display ultimately goes to the mode select screen and freezes.

If that message is coming from the skr board, you can use the tft temrinal so send M502 and then send M500

I really appreciate your help on this but I don’t understand what you mean

On the tft screen there is a button for “gcode”. In there you can send “M502”. And then send M500.

M502 resets the defaults from the firmware.

M500 saves them to the eeprom, which should fix that warning about the CRC mismatch.

Awesome, this seemed to do the trick! I am now able to control all 5 steppers through the tft. Thank you!

1 Like

Jeffeb3,
Im facing exactly the same “no printer attached” message and tried all the options above:
-Flashed new/updated SKR 1.2 PRO firmware
-Sent gcodes M502 then M500 from “Terminal” button
-Verified baud rate @ 250000 (even tried different baud rates)
-Both Motor and board 12V are connected and all board leds are lit: D11(Blue), D6-3.3V Red, D7-5V-Red and D8-12V-Red (I will send picture after this message.)

The curious thing is that the board was functioning normally when first installed out-of-the-box (with 0.1mm, 1mm and 10mm setups). Then when I assembled the board and wired the cables through a printed case this message came over, which on itself made me think this might be a defective cable or a bad contact at the terminals (these terminals really feel a bit flimsy when connecting to the board…).

After a few attempts on all the above (basically I’ve tried repeating the steps and isolating the results) I was able to manage to get it working as expected. I figured the last step (flashing the SKR 1.2 Pro firmware) was the solution.

To my surprise, I then closed the case with a simple lid and screws and by the next time I’ve turned it on the “no printer attached” message came back!

I’ve then tried all steps multiple times - but to no avail.

In a brief moment I’ve noticed that another leds just beside each motor connectors were sometimes on and sometimes off. I’m not sure this could be the cause but I’m suspecting these LEDs are indicators of a “connected motor” to each specific channel (X1, Y2, Z, etc.).
I’ve noticed that in the picture sent by Reed with the fully wired board these LEDs appear to be all “on” (the 6 red LEDs just on the fringe of the border aside each of the motor terminals.
In my board only 2 of those LEDs are on (the top one and the one on the center). So perhaps this could give a clue to what could be the problem.

Any additional tip will be much appreciated.

These are the pictures of the current setup for my board:

1 Like

Those leds are to indicate endstop status.

The no printer attached shows up every time at startup and disappears when the tft talks to the skr. The key parts in that are: Marlin on skr (usb to a computer is the easiest way to verify this), black 5 pin cable, tft software. There really isn’t much that can break besides that. The two systems have to be talking the same baud rate.

Thanks Jeffb3.
I’ve assembled all again and indeed it looks like terminal connections are a problem. The board worked just fine for a fe wminutes again and then failed, probably because the black cable + connector it too large for the socket.

I’ve already ordered a new kit of JST-XH 2.54mm female connectors and crimper. WIll take this opportunity and re-crimp all the cables, leaving a clean look to the entire assembly.

Thanks a lot for the info.I will keep this updated once I refit all the cables with new connectors.

1 Like