Skr pro 1.2 freezes mid cut

I am trying out my new skr pro 1.2 electronics, and a few times it freezes mid job. I have a tft35 v3 attached to it print off usb flash drive.

I saw on the firmware page it said things can happen printing from sd card, does that also apply to usb?

If you are using touchscreen mode, then that is probably causing the issue. If you use an sd card (in the screen, nit the skr) and switch to marlin mode, you should have no problems.

Ok that will make things easier. One thing I noticed was I tried flash drive in the skr itself and touch screen didn’t see it. Then I took it apart and tried it in tft35 screen and it saw it.

So in Marlin mode usb on skr should be seen?

That is a bummer to lose colorful touch screen but that’s ok :>

No. Usb stick will not work in marlin mode. Marlin can only see one storage option, and it is configured for the sd in the screen.

The usb on the skr, and the microsd on the skr are both not configured in marlin. They can be used to flash new firmware though (because the bootloader can see them).

Great to know, thanks jeffe very much appreciated.

1 Like

Just wanted to say for future people looking that switching to Marlin mode has worked for me (and using tft35 compact flash slot). I haven’t had any issues since switching a couple weeks back
I’ve also found using the knob to move around for my starting position has been a lot easier than touchscreen.

Thanks again jeffe!

1 Like