Skr-pro 1.2

i notice that there are no instructions on how to setup the skr-pro v1.2 that the shop sells, (i am using the kit that came with my lowrider 3, the footprint for that machine is going to be to big to assemble until spring), also it is currently flashed for a 3d printer and not cnc stuff as the screen displays all of the 3d printer stuff, does anyone know how to set this up etc where the jumpers go.etc

You missed it, there is complete and detailed V1 documentation for this board:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/skrpro/

ok followed that guide applied power with the brick and screen comes on. there are orange lights on the board along with red lights by each stepper plug and with the motors plugged in the board and i try to move axis via the screen nothing happens, motors don’t make a sound, nothing, now the screen does say printer not connected, i’m not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, and the stepper motors are brand new from the shop

Have you bridged out the power connections? There should be separate terminals for motors and the controller.

yes i have, ive done everything according to that guide except the removal of the black connectors on the board where the steppers and endstops connect, as i dont have the means to (no pliers) here are some pics. Also to jump the power from main board power to the motor power i used the red/black cables that came with the board, and cut the end off the power adapter and put the bare wires under the screw like it says to.

I see your screen says “no printer attatched” across the top of the display. Check the baud rate setting.

how? its not connected to a pc im just trying it out via the screen, so no baud rate setting

Your screen doesn’t seem to be flashed with TFT’s V1 firmware, so check that first.
Then TFTs have an embed system that communicate on serial line with the board, so TFTs does have baudsrate setting and must be set to 250000. Look deeper on your menus, you’ll find it.

ok ill flash the screen i guess and then look for the baud rate thing

flashed the tft firmware (cnc version) but its still showing some stuff for a 3d printer, also i found the connection setting and the baud rate was already set to 250000, not sure what to do now, as nothing is working

For the touch mod, could be a bad wiring of the black “ribbon” between your display and your board, check for the single black wire position on both ends.
Does your display have a rotary knot ? if so you can try in marlin mode by long pressing it and changing mode.
Marlin mode is not independant as the touch mode, it is driven by the SKR Pro’s Marlin firmware.

I just checked the pinout for the TFT touch cable, and yeah it could be reversed. Fortunately reverse polarity on that connector won’t damage anything, but it won’t work until it is corrected. Hitting the TFT reset button when reversed will short out the 5V bus, just FYI.

On a side note, the metal screwdriver going underneath the PCB while powered on caught my eye. Also looks like the TFT could be resting on the metal casing of the connector on the main board. Use extra caution when you are testing on the bench like this. Clear any metal objects away, and don’t allow PCB’s to rest on each other. It is all too easy to let the magic smoke out when a solder pad underneath the PCB contacts something it shouldn’t.

2 Likes

lol the shaft of the screwdriver was facing away from the board, but thanks, anyways got the motors spinning but now i have another issue. i pulled power to switch from test stepper to the mpcnc steppers and now when i hook power back up the screen doesnt show a picture, just a red light on the back, all the connections are perfect, also the main arm chip on the board is hottttttt, pretty much burn my finger if i touch it for more than a second

1 Like

…

…but not saying that damaged anything, just caught my attention is all. If your MCU is getting that hot I’d unplug everything except the power supply, and see if it still gets hot.

Also Dane from what I have gathered the marlin firmware updates a lot and to make the screen appear as a a Cnc screen would require ppl to re update a lot more. So they just use it as a 3D printer screen.
I wouldn’t get caught up on that the bed and extruder are disabled.
I was hugely confused by this at first as well. As for the heat situation I haven’t tried to put my finger on mine yet but it did smell hot the first couple times I used it.

just worried that something has happened to the display. it doesnt show anything on the screen anymore just a red light on the back by the ribbon cables

I know there was a single wire that is a common spot that gets installed backwards. I think it’s been mentioned, but might be worth having a look I think I have also read about the pins ring easily bent. Maybe just power down and have a good peekaboo.

everything looks ok wiring wize, still no screen output

So the screen now does not light up and display anything when powered with grey ribbons installed?

blank screen no logo no anything except what im guessing is a power led on the back