SKR pro and tft35 not sure whats happening

So I hooked my SKR pro board and TFT35 from the kit in the shop.
Leds light. screen backlight flashes and then nothing.
also my computer does not see the board
any ideas

Have you flashed them yet? I have not flashed any of the SKR or TFT’s as we are still actively working on them.

i guess that would help, there is a file called firmware.cur on the sd card, do i delete that one?

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/skrpro/#firmware

You just put the files on and it will replace the firmware.cur with a firmware.bin.

The screen needs a config.ini file and a tft35 folder too.

I’m surprised the screen isn’t doing anything. It should draw some stuff even without the right firmware. IDK what firmware it comes with from the factory.

It might also be in “Marlin mode”. If you hold the knob for a few seconds, it will give you the option of two ways of using it. The right side is the tft version.

Some of the factory boards have weird firmware. I had one flash all the lights, some sort of test.

I plan on “flashing” the ones I ship soon, but I do com port test each one and they do all show they have marlin firmware on them.

unless i’m doing something wrong, I’m not getting anything. from the board.
nether of my computers can see it.

Do you have the board powered or the jumper set to USB?

the board is as shipped,

Then to connect you need to power it with 12V as well as the USB. This should be in the flashing instructions.

You can do it without power by moving the jumper labeled in/vcc/usb. Move it back before you use it.

that works,
is there a guide for tft?

Nevermind I got figured out. :slight_smile:

Same page further down

got it,
Just different than what im used to. thanks for the help.