SKR Pro Control, LCD/TFT vs?

Well, I was so close. Got the latest alpha ESP3D-v3 loaded on my ESP32-Cam. Got it all configured. Able operate the printer from the web interface. Able to upload files to the ESP32-Cam SD card. But wait, where’s the play button!? Then…

Sad trombone…

2 Likes

Ooh. I haven’t tried the V3.

The older version worked with SD, but I’m not sure it works on the cam board either.

1 Like

So close. Careful of that LED, that puppy packs a punch.

1 Like

Bright enough to blind you, but not bright enough to light up my porch :slight_smile:. I have one connected to home assistant. It is maybe the worst ip camera, but the best for $5.

1 Like

I just flashed an ESP01-S with ESP3D provived by BTT, i have the wifi and the UI ok but i can’t operate my Primo running on SKR Pro 1.2.
It reads nothing on the Printer configuration tab, i tried to plug it onboard and on the TFT wifi port.
Is there something to enable in Marlin ?

EDIT: it seems i need to enable it like that:
#define SERIAL_PORT_3 6

2 Likes

There’s also a line in the config.ini for the TFT that enables the serial port on it as well. Can’t remember off the top of my head, but it’s not difficult.

1 Like

Shoot, I thought we had already enabled the serial port? I will take a look.

1 Like

Thanks, i just flash Marlin but doesn’t work on 2.0.7.2… I need at least Marlin 2.0.8.1
Let’s do it again ! Just hope i can keep my Configuration.h

Far better with Marlin 2.0.9.2 of 513 release, so nice and more practical to Jog from my phone !
I had to “merge” my configuration files as there is a lot of new things in latest version.

I bought my ESP01-S on Amazon from Az-Delivery for 5€, it arrived in one day but it wasn’t pre-flashed with ESP3D as i think BTT does.
I tought i could run it on my board in minutes but it took me hours :joy:, hopefully i have some arduino stuff so i was able to flash it.

I did it the hardest way, following Az-Delivery’s documentation but no serial comms at all when using 10k pulldown/up resistors but it worked directly when just didn’t use them.

#define SERIAL_3 is there but commented in last release.

1 Like

Well, for $5 more you could get this…

https://getvera.com/collections/indoor-cameras/products/vistacam-700

I bought 3 of them and they work pretty well. I’m sure as long as they are under cover, they would work just as well outside.

This is the view from one of them. I have it mounted inside my hallway looking out the window.

1 Like

The esp01 can be a pain to flash. The gpio0 for enabling the bootloader is something I had to learn multiple times. I usually buy them with the built in uart to USB for the most part now. But that wouldn’t work with the skr. Glad you got it working.

I didn’t write the firmware on my desk cam, but I have read it. That’s important to me. But that camera looks like a good deal too.

If you buy this version just once, then you have a UART that can be used to flash lots of them. Not that most people should need lots, but it’s still cheap. Considering that I have 3 of them…

I flashed mine with a more regular UART that needs the PITA jumper wires, but if I’d seen this one first, I’d have gone that way.

2 Likes

Oh man that is so much better than the wired one I have!

*ohh that shop has all sorts of goodies!