SKR pro V1.1

I did the SKR 1.3, drv8825 drivers, works great, and I got an education too!

If you know how, or learn how to compile firmware, you will be fine, if not, like Ryan Said, be ready for an education!

Ryan have you plugged yours in yet? Mine has finally shipped (2209 drivers…)

any thoughts on sensorless homing for dual end stops?

I just got confirmation this morning that my 2209’s shipped.

1 Like

great I think mine has as well…aliexpress tracking is broke …

are you going to ERRF?

No ERRF for me, maybe MRRF.

@ryan lol Tom mentioned you in his live steam saying he wished you were there

1 Like

Rough stream, about when does he mention it, middle, end?

some one on the stream asks if you are there. He says No and that he wishes you were because he would like to talk to you face to face

I really like the SKR 1.3 i got and am keen to upgrade to the pro for the LR2 and use the 1.3 for my printer.

Them TMC2130s are great for sensorless homing and running ‘dual endstop’ squaring etc. Nice having all 5 motors on their own drivers and their own end stops without all the yuck wiring you need haha. Big fan… big big fan!

Keen to see how you guys get on with the pro and the 2209s! Do you run fans for cooling? Do you need cooling for the 5160’s?

I put 2 fans onto my 1.3 and 2130s with some ducts over the stepper heatsinks with some vents where they meet in the middle, and configured marlin to run the fans whenever the steppers are enabled (and 2 min afterwards)

question - could you power a raspberry pi from the skr-ori board? looking at pin outs I see 5V pins…not sure of the amps…

Ok, while I am printing parts for my MPCNC my 2209s showed up… after being on order for 3 months.

I don’t know if anyone can help, but we are all tinkerers.

I have marlin 2 complied for my ender 3. I am able to plug the SKR 1.3 into my Mac and see the SD card in the finder. The firmware has flashed. I can’t get prontoface to connect to the Skr.

My ender is currently running klipper of Pi/main board, so that’s not a good test.

In an ideal world I would keep the ender as is and use the SKR for my MPCNC.

well my board finally arrived now to finish the MPCNC build…fingers crossed

skr-pro with 2209 drivers

Hi Dirt

Thank you very much for sharing your configuration.

I will try a setup with 5 TMC 5160 steppers and sensorless homing.

What is your setup?

With your platformio.ini I had a compile problem

Compiling .pio\build\BIGTREE_SKR_PRO\src\src\feature\I2CPositionEncoder.cpp.o
In file included from Marlin\src\module/stepper_indirection.h:47:0,
                 from Marlin\src\module/stepper.h:221,
                 from Marlin\src\Marlin.cpp:37:
.pio\libdeps\BIGTREE_SKR_PRO\TMCStepper_ID5513\src/TMCStepper.h:23:11: fatal error: SoftwareSerial.h: No such file or directory

I replaced the platform.ini with the one from bigtreetech github page and now it is compiling.

Hi Foto!

So sorry for the delayed response here, but very glad to hear you’ve got it working!

Did anyone get a setup for the 2209 and pro board?

Just looking to put mine together at the moment.

Matt

Ryan is working on some SKR Pro configured firmare. It would be considered “alpha” right now, but it is on github:

If you try it, please let Ryan and me know how it goes. Ryan has the V1.2, but the differences aren’t visible to the firmware.

Ok I’ll have a look at it and give it a try, I’m v1.1 pro board, tft35 ver 3 and 2209.

Matt

That should work right away.

I just tried a build of Ryan’s current SKR Pro 1.2 code, modified only to be 1.1 for my board and to change the bed size. Compiled fine and the firmware installed and ran first try. The TFT35 display also lit up and looks good. If I get a chance tomorrow I’ll swap out my RAMPS setup on the old machine and see if things move… Though I’m going to have to do some wiring changes since I don’t have dual endstops installed and this board is configured for them.

2 Likes

Hey. Did you ever get a solution for driving the laser from the skr?