SKR Pro V1.2 32-Bit I cant read any usb or sd cards

SKR Pro V1.2 32-Bit I cant read any usb or sd cards…
I have gotten to the point to try my machine with some gcode but i am unable to read from the sd of usb?
please help to determine the problem with the board…
I just get an error ( cant read from sd ) please advise…

Make sure to format your card FAT32. Also try using short file names.

Are you putting the card in the Motherboard, or the TFT display?
I had the same problem with the mobo, but both USB and SD work fine on the TFT display

1 Like

if your referring to the SKR Pro V1.2 as the motherboard then yes the motherboard…

Use the Card slot or usb from the screen, the board is not set up for it yet. It is a future feature we hope.

Ok that explains it… I will give it a try this afternoon after work…
thanks for the info…

Am I reading this correctly, the USB port on the SKR board is not set up for use? I have SKR -V1.2 and the USB port is not working.
Looking in the config file I see…
/**

• Select the serial port on the board to use for communication with the host.
  • This allows the connection of wireless adapters (for instance) to non-default port pins.
  • Serial port -1 is the USB emulated serial port, if available.
  • Note: The first serial port (-1 or 0) will always be used by the Arduino bootloader.
  • :[-1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
    */
    #define SERIAL_PORT 1

/**

• Select a secondary serial port on the board to use for communication with the host.
  • :[-1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
    */
    #define SERIAL_PORT_2 -1

Seems the code is set up for USB. Trying to use the touch plate and being told I need a CAM program for that, but to connect the computer I need the USB port.

Didn’t intend to hi-jack this post. Sorry.

The usb port for serial communication is set up. The other one for a USB stick is not.

1 Like