SKR - PRO - V1.2 LCD problems

So I am making a Primo for a student project, and had to cobble together some parts on this, and I am using an old lcd screen that I got with a ramps module a while ago, it still works. I have gotten this to successfully turn on only like three times, all other times all that happens is the screen lights up but no V1 logo, and it won’t turn on. Any ideas what I should do?

You should try to isolate the issue to the screen or the skr.

1. The screen will light up if you plug it in the wrong way. But it sounds like it sometimes works. So you hopefully aren’t saying the cables.
  2. Try to connect via USB. If you can talk to it and send M115, then you can be sure the board is running.
  1. I did check the cables, the screen did once show the menu once, but after turning it off, it now no longer boots.
  2. How would you send the M115? What software do you use for that?

You can use Pronterface or Repetier-Host

So I used Pronterface and was able to move it around, and I shut off and turned back on the cnc about 3 times after that, and only one of those times the screen did turn on, I went ahead and moved the cnc around with the LCD, and it functioned as expected. The only odd thing was that the Z Positive was down and the Z Negative was up (with pronterface and LCD.)

You can reverse a stepper direction by reversing the whole plug (1234 to 4321), or just one of the pairs (1234 to 2134).

The LCD doesn’t do anything smart at all. It only displays what Marlin feeds it. The SD card, knob, and button are also fed straight to the skr. They aren’t read in the screen.

It sounds like your skr and Marlin is fine. So my guess is you need a new screen, or new cables (but they would come with a new screen).

The LCD still lights up, is this just it receiving power then?
If I do need a new LCD which would you recommend?

This one:

Or else, the one that comes with the skr pro bundle from Ryan. Big tree tech tft35 E3 V3.

Yeah. That happens whenever it has power.