SKR V1.4 TFT35 V3 "No printer attached" error

Good morning all,
first of all please excuse me for my english but i use a translator.
I come to you because I have a “no printer attached” problem on my screen that I cannot resolve at all despite a lot of research.

I have:
Bigtreetech BTT SKR V1.4 Turbo
TFT Bigtreetech 3.5 V3.0
And I use firmaware:
TFT35_V3.0.026.x jul 13 2020
V1CNC_SkrTurbo_DualLR_8825-2.0.7.2-src
my connections seem correct to me,

LCD EXP1 -> EXP1
LCD EXP2-> EXP2
TFT -> TFT( reset ok)
Config;ini Baudrate ok

Do you have any idea what could be a problem?
Thank you in advance for your response

The baud rate on the screen should be 250k.

You should be able to use “Marlin Mode”. You get that by holding the knob down for 10s and then selecting Marlin.

The only touch screen version that I know works with our firmware is the one from the v1 github:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/skrpro/#tft-files

Thank Jeffeb3
Yes, I have modified the config.ini file with a Baud of 250K
then 250K in the parameters on the screen.
Yes indeed in Marlin mode it works but I would appreciate not having an error on the touch mode side

I have reset the indicated firmware and still have “No printer atteached”

I once again check everything,
I modify the configuration.h
#define SERIAL_PORT -1
#define SERIAL_PORT_2 0
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

I checked that the baudatre is the same on the tft and the skr but I still have this error message

Are you running the v1 firmware on the tft screen?

Yes "no printer attached " only

I’m going to tear my head off :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I have had 2 SKR boards from V1. Look at the cable connections on the board and TFT, and make sure EXP1, and EXP2 are oriented correctly. The third cable can be an issue getting in firmly. Make sure it is the right way by the SKR docs here, https://docs.v1engineering.com/electronics/skrpro/
With all that said, both of the boards I have will say “No Printer Attached” for about 10-20 seconds after power on until those communications on those cables are established. This appears to be normal.

1 Like

Correct me if Im wrong here, but isnt the processor different between the turbo and the pro? @jeffeb3 Could that be the issue?

But that is turbo firmware…

2 Likes

your right @jeffeb3… I could have sworn I saw “Pro” somewhere…

@julienr, @JohnSherman describes the same as my experience with the 1.4 Turbo, the board takes a few seconds to fully boot up and the error will remain until it completes the boot process. once booted up the error will go away.

2 Likes

I still have not solved my problem I have yet to try a lot of things

was having the same problem. try this

#define SERIAL_PORT -1

/**

• Select a secondary serial port on the board to use for communication with the host.

• :[-1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]

*/

#define SERIAL_PORT_2 0

Hello John, thank you for your answer but yes I tested all the possible combinations without success.
I am thinking of a hardware bug, I recommend a new card

Ah, it seems your TFT firmware is a bit out of date, which may be causing an issue. Do you know how to precompile your firmware for the TFT, it is basically the same for when you should have compiled it for your marlin firmware. Click the green “code” box, download zip file, unzip/decompress, and open it with coding software (VSCode is free). From there you’ll see a config.ini, open this with VSCode and edit to your device specifics, make sure your baudrate matches marlin and build it, and copy it over to an SD drive to put into your tft it should update. In addition, BTT github has other specifics that may be necessary for the TFT35 to work properly.

BTT TFT Firmware: (replace the (DOT) with a period)
https:// github (DOT) com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware

Thank you for your reply . I have already updated the firmware but there is a hardware problem I bought a new card in E3 and it works