SKR2 Firmware

Would it be worth re configuring the endstop pins on the board to the x min, x max, y min, y max and z min in the firmware?

The programming of the skr2 firmware also has slowed, since my board was faulty from the start and fried it trying to fix it. I have made a pull request on the repository for the board, so any changes we can add it to that.

I haven’t burned mine yet… Emphasis on yet - I’m being slack & not working with an anti-stat strap.

I would like to see it soak in a PR for a while. The fact that Rev A was trashing 2209s is not great. It would be nice to have some people have some success with it.

1 Like

TBF, it sounds as though the trashing of drivers was triggered by user incompetence rather than the norm - if the drivers were inserted backwards it toasted itself (ironically, the exact scenario it was supposed to deal with).

Which is not to say the feature shouldn’t have been tested properly first, so who knows what got screwed up.

2 Likes

Any updates here guys? I too have an SKR 2 that I’d like to get working on my Primo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, been a bit bogged down. @snag beat me to getting it ported and has a PR open on the main branch; if you’re familiar with git it’s relatively easy to build it locally, but it’s not at the point of being a released pre-compiled build as yet. Hoping to test it on my board in the next few days, but I’ve a couple of other things that have expanded to occupy available time.

Any update on this. Have you tested your firmware and can share with other people?

Regards

A brief update -

@snag 's fw as downloaded. Taken me flipping ages to find the time to make up the cables; now I need to order a collet (and some mills) for my Katsu router.

(BTW - if you use a pen with a really smooth barrel it’s liable to slide as you’re plotting…)

3 Likes

I just ordered BIGTREETECH SKR 2 Motherboard for 3D Printer New Upgrade, TFT35-E3 V3.0 Screen + 5pcs TMC2209, DIY Silent Board Based on SKR V1.4 Turbo Control Board Compatible TMC2209/2208. is @Snag Firmware still a good option?

Hello all.
I’m new here and saw this thread and was wondering if there has been any movement on this?
I’m tearing down my corexy to build one of these cnc’s using an SKR 2 Rev. B, TFT35-E3-V3.0, with TMC2209 drivers. ATM, the SKR 2 board is setup as a dual Z, E1=Z2 type setup.
Reading this thread, I went to github to look at the options, which I found FW, but being new to cnc type stuff was wondering if this is the only one compatible with what I’m looking for, or do any of you know of something other?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
On github: briches94/Marlin_SKR2_MPCNC_2209_DUAL/tree/main/MarlinBuilder/Marlin

I just noticed the Skr Pro firmware uses the same pin file as the Skr 2 even though AutoBuildMarlin says the Skr Pro’s pins are pins_BTT_SKR_PRO_common.

I looked in the pins_BTT_SKR_PRO_common file and there were no sections for dual endstops. But when I looked in the pins_BTT_SKR_V2_0_common, the dual endstop sections were there. This leads me to assume that I can compile this pretty easily by just swapping the board to BOARD_BTT_SKR_V2_0_REV_B in the configuration.h and then compiling.

I’ll load this onto the board after I get my stepper drivers in tomorrow.