Skrpro 1.2 / TFT 35 V2 No printer attached

Hello,

I am a new user and building MPCNC Primo. I am configuring my SKR pro 1.2 with TFT35 V2 (touch screen only). I used the latest firmware of dual endstop and TFT from V1 but still having issue with “ No printer attached “. However it can detect if no stepper motor driver (all low).

The system is working well in Repetier Host.

I tried different firmware and updating port to no avail.

Finally, I tried the NON Dual firmware, the SKR Pro 1.2 and TFT able to communicate/working. I was able to control the printer from the touch screen. But my wiring and setup is for dual end stop so this is not an option for me.

Any idea why TFT 35 V2 working in NON Dual endstop and not on DUAL firmware?

Fyi, separate LCD12864 is working and connected to the printer, but the display is sometimes garbled.

Thank you and appreciate any response.

Ferdie

Do you have a bad driver? Have you tried swapping the drivers while running the serial firmware? Or putting in some and see which one(s) cause it to not boot?

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

I only have 5 drivers and I believed all working since I was able to run crown gcode from repetier host a couple of times. The TFT will boot with error of no printer attached. That is any version of firmware for dual end stop. However when I tried the non dual firmware the skrpro and tft communicated, so my thought is
something from marlin firmware is causing the error.

Ferdie.

This means that it can’t talk at all to the skr. No other messages matter at that point.

“All low” is an error message generated by the skr. If you are seeing that on the screen it means two things: 1) the TFT is talking to the skr and 2) the skr is reporting an error talking to one or more drivers.

It’s not clear to me what is changing in between these tests. So I can’t really see the problem.

W.r.t. the screen, the dual and serial firmwares are the same.

Here’s what I would do:

1. It sounds like you’re confident the skr works with Repetier. You can send M122 to see the debug info for the drivers. If that all looks good, then the skr is probably fine. If you see anything weird there, solve that before messing with the screen.
  2. Try Marlin mode on the screen. I know it isn’t as cool as the touch mode, but all the interaction is controlled by the skr and that code is 5 years stable. I know it works great. If you see anything weird, debug that first.
  3. Take a closer look at the touch mode once you know 1&2 are fine. If your only problems are with the screen, it is probably just misconfigured or has a bug in the software. The release on Ryan’s GitHub for the screen has a prerelease version where the config sets the number of extruders and hotends to zero. That software works, but it hasn’t had the same maturity as the Marlin mode code.

Hi Jeff,

Thank again for the reply
Item 1 - result is all ok
Item 2 - my tft35 is V2 (no option for marlin). I tried to connect a generic lcd12864 reprap and it seems working, but with garbled text.
Item - 3 yes trying to sort out on the firmware, I am comparing using visual code the configuration files hopefully can find a solution.

My option is to order new lcd for marlin, maybe a the mini lcd12864 from BTT, it is another two weeks for me.

Anyway, appreciate your help.

Ferdie

Make sure you have the right config.ini from Ryan. It is important that it sets extruders and hotends to zero. The latest firmware from BTT has those parameters and should disable some checks.

Hi Jeff,

Noted and thank you. I will check on that.

Ferdie